Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multinational for North Side

Options
  • 31-01-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

There's a new company coming to the Northside in February. a few hundred new jobs apparantely. Anybody know who it might be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Haven't heard a thing.
    Good news if true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

It was widely reported recently that Facebook are looking at setting up in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

oh please not another dead end call/support centre :(
    let's hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭mentalson

more than likely it will be yet another min wage,no benefits, non unionised , sweatshop call centre like RCI, Abtran, Amazon, Apple, Siemens etc, although I will be reserving judgement till I find out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

oh please not another dead end call/support centre :(
    let's hope not.

amen to that...i'm very close to running out the door of one of the companies listed just above ^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Arra feck off will ye ... Can't really be selective about the companies and jobs you want coming to cork.

Theres alot of Town are cities that would gladly take the extra jobs !

If you dont want to work there then don't ! simple as.

P.S. I don't even live in Cork anymore ! or Ireland for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

craichoe wrote: »
    Arra feck off will ye ... Can't really be selective about the companies and jobs you want coming to cork.

Theres alot of Town are cities that would gladly take the extra jobs !

If you dont want to work there then don't ! simple as.

P.S. I don't even live in Cork anymore ! or Ireland for that matter.

:D he is right you know. Typical Cork some good news and we moan about it.

Ever work in a call centre Craichoe?

anyway we still have no idea who it is. It isn't Facebook as they were looking at Dublin.

Not really moaning just hoping that it wont be a call centre.

If anyone looks at that Whazon! guide for cork, on one of the pages is Hayes advertising 160 jobs in a...call center.

• Advertisement

mentalson wrote: »
    Ever work in a call centre Craichoe?

anyway we still have no idea who it is. It isn't Facebook as they were looking at Dublin.

Bloody did .. Apple for a couple of years .. You take it for what it is though .. bloody call center job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I hope it's IT related. I'd love to be abe to come back to Cork some day.

most IT call centres are in India. If it is a call centre it will probably be dealing with the european market as they have difficulty getting french spanish and german speakers in most third world countries.

most IT call centres are in India. If it is a call centre it will probably be dealing with the european market as they have difficulty getting french spanish and german speakers in most third world countries.

....and English

....and English

not at all. hundreds of millions of english speakers in India. all of the cork call centres (except Amazon) are here because of the availability of french, german, scandanavian language speakers etc.

Yea the English speaking countries are generally India and Philipines (Manila to be exact).

not at all. hundreds of millions of english speakers in India. all of the cork call centres (except Amazon) are here because of the availability of french, german, scandanavian language speakers etc.

I know, I know, I know.

Yes, but the accent is VERY hard to understand.

craichoe wrote: »
    Yes, but the accent is VERY hard to understand.

I assume you mean the Norrie accent.

something strange going on though. The big announcement was supposed to be Monday, but there was no announcement and the page on the Hays website has now been taken down. Has the whole thing fallen through.

The big announcement was supposed to be Monday, but there was no announcement and the page on the Hays website has now been taken down. Has the whole thing fallen through.

What's the website address?

• Advertisement

www.hays.ie\countdown.
    no more ads in the papers either.

www.hays.ie\countdown.
    no more ads in the papers either.

Cheers. Hopefully they have just been told to quieten down until it is officially announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Nail. head.

Announced today in the Echo.
    Marriott International (Hotel Reservations crowd) have announced a new Operation for the Commons Road, Blackpool which is likely to create over 150 jobs.

So it aint eBay or Intel, but hey, its 150 jobs for Cork!

meh, disappointing all the same. :(

not certain that this is the one. . Marriott already has a call centre in Cork (and a really bad rep as an employer) and the expansion to 250 jobs was already announced with much fanfare......in 2002

http://www.entemp.ie/press/2002/021002.htm

the ads until they were pulled a few weeks ago referred to an "exciting global start up"

Nail. head.

Announced today in the Echo.
    Marriott International (Hotel Reservations crowd) have announced a new Operation for the Commons Road, Blackpool QUOTE]

Unfortunately you may be right The expansion of the Marriott call centre which was announced years ago is the "exciting new Global Multinational expanding to Cork" bit of a scam

Advertisement