Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RAC, AA Road Cover?

Options
  • 31-01-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm living in Dublin for 6 months, I'm from England and have brought my car over.

Just wanted to know if they have RAC and AA in Ireland??? Which are the best recovery services here in Ireland? And can i cover my car over here if its English?

Any info would be a great help.

Thanks

Regards

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have AA, and find them very good. They cover you, not any particular car. This means that they will come out to any car which you were driving (or, AFAIK, a passenger in).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

Hey,

How much do they cost?

Any links?

Soz 4 soundin stupid haha!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

Just had a look on there website. AA have a monthly plan however you have to sign to a minimum to 12 months! not 6.

Anyone know any breakdown cover company that will do 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

AFAIK RAC are in the process of pulling out of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

If you already have UK cover this may well cover you in Ireland as well, just as if you are here on holiday. Likely to be a lot cheaper as well.

As the last post says, RAC are winding down here and have handed over their customers to Hibernian Rescue for renewals. My quote has just come for two cars for their Rescue Plus service which is similar to AA's Roadside + Homestart + Rescue Plus.

The quote was €75 for a 2005 car but €150 for a 2001 car (The cover is for the car unlike the AA which covers the driver).

The total of €225 is up from €160 last year from RAC for the same cars, even if they were obviously a year younger then.

It is still cheaper than the AA at at over €240 for roughly the same cover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Anan1 wrote: »
    I have AA, and find them very good. They cover you, not any particular car. This means that they will come out to any car which you were driving (or, AFAIK, a passenger in).

my mother got a new diesel vectra last year and she got free aa membership. does this mean that if shes in my car or the fathers car and they break down which they never did yet touch wood that they would come out to them aswell.

Advertisement