Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for going out in Sligo

Options
  • 31-01-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Ideas for going out in Sligo,

Nice restaurants,

Parks, Attractions..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Depends what yr into really! Food wise, the best restaurants are MCDonagh's (Coach Lane) which has a fairly standard menu - steaks, pastas etc, but also does excellent specials likes Ostrich. Monte Marte is a decent French Restaurant & Lemongrass does excellent asian food.

Pub-wise.. If yr more into alt. type music, try McGarrigles or Shoot the Crows. For pop ****e, head to Fiddlers or The Belfry.

Club-wise, The Clarence does mostly dance while Velvet Room does chart stuff. If yr stuck, you could also try Envy, but I wouldn't recommend it.

As far as daytime activities go.. try a stroll out on the beaches at Strandhill & Rosses Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi Feather, welcome to our forum!

Give us some more info, kids, car, family days out??

Theres some lovely spots around, Starbelgrade and the rest of the people with a life :o can fill you in on the night time, but theres a few who can help out with the day time activities I'm sure!

Yeah - my weekday daytime activities include working & having lunch. At the weekends they include sleeping, shopping, watching soccer & the odd stroll on the beach... dunno if you'd call that "having a life" though!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Yeah - my weekday daytime activities include working & having lunch. At the weekends they include sleeping, shopping, watching soccer & the odd stroll on the beach... dunno if you'd call that "having a life" though!:)

Wow do you mean sleeping and watching soccer in the day time. That sounds great! What a life! :D
    I am with you Sueme. (last weekend a total anomaly). Am back to being Rapunzel now. :(

tuppence wrote: »
    Wow do you mean sleeping and watching soccer in the day time. That sounds great! What a life! :D
    :(

I have to do something to recover from the hangovers!

• Advertisement

I have to do something to recover from the hangovers!

Your just gloating now. :p

sueme wrote: »
    Your just gloating now. :p

This Saturday, I'll be recovering from Fri nights excesses in front of the Man Utd vs Arsenal game! Gloating? ME? Never!

This Saturday, I'll be recovering from Fri nights excesses in front of the Man Utd vs Arsenal game! Gloating? ME? Never!
    Lifes hard. Theres always a chance that the fuse for the telly might blow cos of all the ironing.;)

Don't mess with the Iron Tuppence. Jeez...

:D

sueme wrote: »
    Don't mess with the Iron Tuppence. Jeez...

:D

Jeez. No chance of me messing with iron. :eek: (Pls dont make me!) I'd be watching the football to if I could...:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement