Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Galway that can read a mini DV tape?

Options
  • 31-01-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all,

Anyone know offhand .. of any of the places in Galway that can do video conversions to DVD etc .. do any of them have the facility to read from a mini DV tape?

Someone sent me a mini DV tape to upload, thinking I would be able to read it with my camcorder. I can't - my camcorder takes a different sort of tape.

Appreciate any pointers,
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try Audio/visual in goldenpages?
    Or go into Fahy photo on Shop street. They can probably point you in the right direction if they can't do it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

There is a place in the Eyre Sq shopping centre. 'Kinneavey? photography?'..i'm not sure of the name or even if they are still there but I got something transferred before onto VHS (for example) there a year or two ago

Best bet is to go to the shopping centre and look at the shop layout sign, it should be there somewhere. I'd be surprised if they can't do it for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

If you are really stuck PM me I should be able to do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

About a year ago I went looking for someone to capture a load of NTSC mini dvs for me, but either I was told they wouldn't do it, or I got extortionate quotes, but if it's PAL then the place at the top of Dominic St (Fahys is it?) would do it. But I just "aquired" a copy of Premiere pro 2.0 and that did the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulh19

Thanks for the replies and thanks Vulcan for the offer.

Fahyfoto in the centre of town will do this for €25 and will have it done overnight. That seems fair enough and was the best offer overall of the few places I asked.

PaulH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

wet-paint wrote: »
    About a year ago I went looking for someone to capture a load of NTSC mini dvs for me, but either I was told they wouldn't do it, or I got extortionate quotes, but if it's PAL then the place at the top of Dominic St (Fahys is it?) would do it. But I just "aquired" a copy of Premiere pro 2.0 and that did the job.

premiere pro 2 is quite possible better than sex :) i acquired it too.. from my cousins :)

Advertisement