Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late night parking

Options
  • 31-01-2008 12:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

hey folks, 2 questions, wondering as regards late night parking on tuesdays, well not too late, i need to be aroudn pearse street train station between 7 and 10 and looking for parking, i know merrion squares pay and display finishes at 7 but id rather somewhere a bit more public

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

splinter wrote: »
    hey folks, 2 questions, wondering as regards late night parking on tuesdays, well not too late, i need to be aroudn pearse street train station between 7 and 10 and looking for parking, i know merrion squares pay and display finishes at 7 but id rather somewhere a bit more public

Mark

There is no such place.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have parked near the Kilkenny Centre on Nassau Street and also on Molesworth Street and South Frederick Street. Or you could just take a chance on Merrion Square. But it's all a matter of luck. There's also the car park (Setanta I think it is called) but I don't know if they do a night rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

You can park along Pearse Street for free from 19.00hrs. I have done it a few times with no problems to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Bluetonic wrote: »
    There is no such place.

Childish, very childish

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There is no such place.
    Why the need to be nasty to someone who is looking for help and just made a very minor error?

*shakes head*

It is obvious to most of us that the OP was referring to Pearse Station (which is beside Pearse Street).

PearseStation.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

and anway they're both named after Padraig Pearse!

What is it with people getting ratty about calling it Pearse Street Station?
    It's always obvious what people are talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Childish, very childish
    I wasn't being childish.
    Why the need to be nasty to someone who is looking for help and just made a very minor error?

*shakes head*

It is obvious to most of us that the OP was referring to Pearse Station (which is beside Pearse Street).

I wasn't being nasty.

I was simply pointing out there was no such place. I was correct.

Hopefully the OP will be better for it. If either of you have an issue with my comments, bring it to feedback.

I hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

and anway they're both named after Padraig Pearse!

What is it with people getting ratty about calling it Pearse Street Station?
    It's always obvious what people are talking about!

No, it isn't.
    It's named after Patrick and William Pearse. Both brothers, not just one.
    If you look at the Irish name Stáisiún na bPiarsach, you can see that is plural.

And if I realy wanted to be childish, I'd point out Patrick Pearse never mixed up Irish and English versions of his name.
    So Patrick Pearse, P H Pearse or Pádraig Mac Piarais are all correct.
    Padraig Pearse is not correct but it's so commonly used it's accepted by most

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hi folks, thanks for the help. i wasnt aware of the name being incorrect and my apologies - i would have prefered if it was explained straight off though bluetonic as i was well confused and doubting myself.... thanks though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I wasn't being childish. I wasn't being nasty.

no, just pointlessly pedantic
    I was simply pointing out there was no such place. I was correct.
    Hopefully the OP will be better for it.

you are also pompous and arrogant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

locklw2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement