Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Girlyness Shame!!

• 31-01-2008 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I'd like to think I'm pretty cool and am not the prissiest/girliest of girls. I like dirty jokes, messyness and eating lots. I don't do salads and only take 20 minutes to get ready going out. I love male company and really hate bitchy over make-upped female types. I don't watch soaps or desperate housewives etc. I can't stand beyonce and all those types.

However, I have a secret shame. A shame that threatens to ruin this non girly image I have of myself.

I still love the Backstreet Boys. They hold a very special place in my heart. I have all their albums and still listen every few weeks on my ipod. My friend is going to see them in the O2 arena in london but I'll be in NZ at that stage. I was heartbroken!

Does anyone else have any shameful confessions? Am I the only one?! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Bullet===>Head!! only messing!!

Its called Guilty Pleasures we all have em i did buy a boyzone single years ago but i got therapy and now i am compleatly fine:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

None that I could post here :D:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

watna wrote: »
    I still love the Backstreet Boys. They hold a very special place in my heart. I have all their albums and still listen every few weeks on my ipod. My friend is going to see them in the O2 arena in london but I'll be in NZ at that stage. I was heartbroken!

Nothing wrong with that, they are (or at least were last time I heard their songs) rather talented, there were and are far less talented boy bands who's only ability is to appeal to teenage girls on a rather shallow level.

Know I'm a bloke so it probably doesn't count but it's something lads don't normally admit: I regularly enjoy looking at cute (in a cuddly, non-sexual sense) things.
    800px-ChinSquash.jpg
    Come on, you know you want to hug it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Awwwwwwwwwww I want to squish it!!

Take That were always my guilty pleasure but they're kind of deemed as okay now so that's not that uncool to like them anymore.

I do watch Blue Peter just for Gethin Jones sometimes though, that's sad....I did however finally learn how to make paper airplanes from that show though, result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I do like the feel of a new pair of jammies in winter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I go all silly over kittens, puppies and babies.

Love stories where the protagonists can't be together make me blub - stuff like Atonement, Brokeback Mountain and Brief Encounter though, not binty chick flix/lit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Ok, I'd like to think I'm pretty cool and am not the prissiest/girliest of girls. I like dirty jokes, messyness and eating lots. I don't do salads and only take 20 minutes to get ready going out. I love male company and really hate bitchy over make-upped female types. I don't watch soaps or desperate housewives etc. I can't stand beyonce and all those types.

However, I have a secret shame. A shame that threatens to ruin this non girly image I have of myself.

AGH!! YAY!!! lol.....i LOVE them. i feel like i put in too much time and effort in my teens to give up on them now...
    plus Nick is still a roide! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Was never really a fan of the boy bands growing up - loved the odd song here or there but never walked into HMV to buy an album :D. I do hang my head in shame 4 being a bros fan once upon a time though...i was a deluded little girl ;)

My other guilty pleasure is Shane Ward - a glimpse of those eyes & i swoon. My bro got me the CD for x-mas - too embarrassed to play it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Niamho! wrote: »
    AGH!! YAY!!! lol.....i LOVE them. i feel like i put in too much time and effort in my teens to give up on them now...

Well, when I was 14 I was actually in love with him. I saw a picture of him recently and he repulsed me.. seriously what was I thinking? :eek:

I saw the bb in concert when I was 15 in the RDS. It scares me that that was almost 10 years ago!

• Advertisement

Well, when I was 14 I was actually in love with him. I saw a picture of him recently and he repulsed me.. seriously what was I thinking? :eek:

I saw the bb in concert when I was 15 in the RDS. It scares me that that was almost 10 years ago!

me too! I also saw them last time there i think it was October 2005 or 2006....not too sure. they're playing in Feckin' Belfast!!! NO dublin Date!

Ha! he looked dodgy for a while coz i think he's prone to poundage but i still think he's lovely. Despite my taste in men completely the other end of the scale these days!!

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Awwwwwwwwwww I want to squish it!!

Take That were always my guilty pleasure but they're kind of deemed as okay now so that's not that uncool to like them anymore.

I do watch Blue Peter just for Gethin Jones sometimes though, that's sad....I did however finally learn how to make paper airplanes from that show though, result!

:eek:
    Squish as in a Squishy hug kinda way or Squish it in a Scared kinda way?

Babette08 wrote: »
    Was never really a fan of the boy bands growing up - loved the odd song here or there but never walked into HMV to buy an album :D. I do hang my head in shame 4 being a bros fan once upon a time though...i was a deluded little girl ;)

My other guilty pleasure is Shane Ward - a glimpse of those eyes & i swoon. My bro got me the CD for x-mas - too embarrassed to play it!!

Ha ha....ah Shayne is a hottie though....I think a lot of girls secretly fancy him....he was in Krystle a few months ago, he's gorgeous but he's a lot smaller than I thought he would be.

Still hawwwwwt though.:cool:

As for Bros....I used to think you were cool Babette....how stupid was I....I never would have guessed...you seem...so....so...."normal"....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Sex and the City is like opening a window into my heart!
    Help me!

:eek:
    Squish as in a Squishy hug kinda way or Squish it in a Scared kinda way?

Ah in an awwwwwww squish cute kinda way....

Honest! :(:D How cute are they though, aww I want one!

LadyJ wrote: »
    Sex and the City is like opening a window into my heart!
    Help me!

You're not alone there don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

Aye Sex & The City for me too. And bags.. I should really stop buying so many!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I get broody far too often.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ha ha....ah Shayne is a hottie though....I think a lot of girls secretly fancy him....he was in Krystle a few months ago, he's gorgeous but he's a lot smaller than I thought he would be.

Still hawwwwwt though.:cool:

As for Bros....I used to think you were cool Babette....how stupid was I....I never would have guessed...you seem...so....so...."normal"....:confused:

Yeah it's that little twinkle in the eye and cheeky smile...awww

I know we all have our crosses to bear -Must have been only 8 or 9 when I was corrupted by those god awful brosettes - had me wearing bottle tops & all...it was a long struggle to escape their mighty grip - still harpour secret urges to rummage through bargain bins - DAM those bargain bins!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

farohar wrote: »
    800px-ChinSquash.jpg
    that is adorable though:D

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote: »

No problems here as far as that goes!!

Ah, I'm 17. At 17 we're meant to hate babies.

Ah, I'm 17. At 17 we're meant to hate babies.

Ah no everyone is different - I know girls of your age who can't wait to have a baby. Have never been maternal although I love kids (in small doses). I'd like to have then eventually just too selfish at the moment - my kid would have to be the centre of my universe that's why i think you should live your life as fully as you can before having them.

On the other hand the earlier you have them the closer you are to them in age...yummy mummy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

i got a facial once and it rocked. :o

I don't actually want kids, but you know when you see someone with a baby? and you just want to be like that.

Facials do rock. <3 spa treatments

oh i would too if the sudden thought of the tears, the tantrums and the inevitable pain of bringing them into the world didnt Snap me back to reality. lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My grlfriend has the same shame as you. How do you live with yourselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Add me to the 'kittens/small animals make me to awwwww' list.

When i see pictures of baby penguins i have been known to lose it, flail my arms and repeat 'awwwwww, soooooo cuuuuute, oooommmmmmggggg'. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Oh I fully agree with you both!!! I never got tickets for the RDS show coz I was on holidays when they went on sale :( but I did go in 2005 and it was SOOOOO worth the wait!!:D
    Niamho, you wanna go to Belfast?????:confused::D
    I do hang my head in shame 4 being a bros fan once upon a time though...i was a deluded little girl ;)
    I loved Bros too..... hence why I insisted my bro was named Craig Matthew! (couldn't stick Luke in coz my cousin called her baby Luke at the same time);)
    milli wrote: »
    Aye Sex & The City for me too. And bags.. I should really stop buying so many!
    Handbags.....mmmmm..... can never have too many handbags....:o
    Hell Yeah!!!

thank GOD I'm not alone!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

For lovely cute animals, look no further:

http://www.cuteoverload.com/

Some examples:

image005.jpg

carseat.jpg

hat_napper.jpg

Tip: Use the catagories section on the right to get just the animals you want i.e. kittens, pups etc

Happy awwwwwing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I dont care who you are, where you're from, what you did, as long as you love me. :D:D

Oh sh1t. I just realised what that txt meant that you sent me today:o:o. I even googled BSB cos i didnt know what it meant!!!!:D:D i didnt have a clue what you were talking about. God Im soooo dense.

Yes, to answer your question im a fan, and if you are going to belfast count me in. And jurys do seriously good hotel deals if ye are thinking about saying over.

Check this out my favourite BSB song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MXtQCmyp84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I'm a guy so this probably doesn't count, but I regulary go to House of Colour to have my hair cut & blow dried, as well as coloured. I have also been to a spa, and had my nails manicured. As for blubbing I have cried at lassie films, stargate, (seriously!) and often get very sloppy when in a relationship. like buying the biggest card I can find, surprising my squeeze, and sloppy stuff!

I was in a relationship with alady from Newcastle, (Geordieland) and she said she had always wanted to be treated like a princess. So for her birthday I bought some plastic rings, tiara and feather boa. I also booked a limo. I ordered a taxi and told them where to take us before they arrived so she wouldn't guess. I had already arranged for our friends to meet us there. It was a Weatherspoons pub, not sure if you know them but they don't (didn't) allow smoking if you were at the bar, have no music and are pretty boring!

She was shocked as she thought we were going to stay there! :eek: The I produced the things from a bag and said now you are a princess! Then I went to the loo and called the limo, I had a blindfold that my dad had been given when he went to Oz and put it on her. I then took her out to the front of the pub where the driver was waiting. I got her to feel his waistcoat and guess what it was!

Then I took the blindfold off and she wept! We went all round Newky, out to the coast took some pics, (sorry lost them!) then she had said she always wanted to go to a nightclub that was on an old cruise ship! Was really cool, the first floor was just for chart music, then you went down and you had oldies, then down to the old engine room for the hard dance. Girls dancing in cages and a rotating dance floor!

We got locked but had a real good night, it was worth it just for her to have the memories!

Slush Over!

DJ (Sloppy) Spider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

SheRa wrote: »
    Check this out my favourite BSB song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MXtQCmyp84

flashback to singing along to albums when i was like 15, hehe :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

i got a facial once and it rocked. :o

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Goddamn you Playboy and Benny Hill whose twin powers combine in a non-sexual germination to produce me purely for this one particular moment of disgusting double entendre.

Now. When does the slow clap start?
    After I kill myself?
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Shower of bastards.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I thought the same when you texted me but I thought BSB were some rock band!!! Ha ha they are though aren't they? No? Duh Clare!

Anywhoodle, when are Backstreet Boys playing Belfast? I'd so go for the craic, was never a massive fan but love some of their songs. And anything to re live my teeny bopper days again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

For lovely cute animals, look no further:

http://www.cuteoverload.com/

Happy awwwwwing!!

Here's a site I love:
    http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/
    all cats and kittens but still many cute pics, a lot of pasties but I think the added text or image pieces just tips them over the edge, making them even cuter.:o
    Some aren't too funny though, rather bad (racist, perverse etc...) though, but I suppose when you gather that many cat images there are going to be some bad ones.:(

1201444013-1199523494963.b.jpg

1161382095-1160262471377.b.jpg

1162091974-1162067744797.b.jpg

1164692179-youeatedcookie.b.jpg

1162648268-1162646091520.b.jpg

1161382099-1161356741260.b.jpg

Wonder if you can OD on cute....:confused: At least there are worse ways to go. :)

Nooooooooooooooooo! What have i started! Now you'll all go to the BSB without me and one of you will probably get pulled up on stage and then go back to their hotel room and party with them (although, aren't they too old for that? They all have kids and stuff!). They'll never go to NZ... tis too out of the way and backwards! :(

When I saw them in the RDS it was hilarious. When they sang Backstreet's Back and Nick Carter sang "Am I sexual" about 5,000 girls screamed their lungs off!

Most hilarious BSB song has to be "if you want it to be good girl, get yourself a bad boy"!! I wouldn't describe the BSB as "bad boys"!!

Cazlou wrote: »
    Oh I fully agree with you both!!! I never got tickets for the RDS show coz I was on holidays when they went on sale :( but I did go in 2005 and it was SOOOOO worth the wait!!:D
    Niamho, you wanna go to Belfast?????:confused::D

Are you being for real.... Coz i would probably go...
    :o

God this thread has really opened a can of worms!! Anyone interested in forming a Bros tribute band???...only kidding...well not really - PM if interested ;):D

is liking Girl Bands a Girlyness Shame?? :confused:

• Advertisement

when wil i wil be famous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szWkAaD00j0

Who didn't have the bottle tops on their shoes!!!!!!!!!

gcgirl wrote: »
    when wil i wil be famous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szWkAaD00j0

Who didn't have the bottle tops on their shoes!!!!!!!!!

Oh cringe ha ha - and to think i used to cry when my brother slagged them.

Well at least they weren't wussy's like those BSB's - blondie always on the verge of tears singing about lurve...ah only kidding they were fabulous!! :D

Singing about lurve is a serious business you know, you have to get real into in and have the proper hand gestures and stuff. Tis hard work!

Oh cringe ha ha - and to think i used to cry when my brother slagged them.

Well at least they weren't wussy's like those BSB's - blondie always on the verge of tears singing about lurve...ah only kidding they were fabulous!! :D

and to think it was 20 years ago!!

my sister was mad about them.

am i one of the Babies around these parts!? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Girls Aloud are cool.

Unlike the Spice Girls, who Radio DJ's only dig out of the archives for a laugh, GA's music will stand the test of time.

Beyond the raw power of "Something Kinda Oooh" and the playful girlyness of "Love Machine", their recent hit "Call the shots" is an instant pop classic.

Anyone who has ever worked out listening to "Sexy No No No" will get me on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I like pretty sparkly things

I too go all gooey over cute babies and puppies and stuff...

Girls Aloud are cool.

Unlike the Spice Girls, who Radio DJ's only dig out of the archives for a laugh, GA's music will stand the test of time.

Beyond the raw power of "Something Kinda Oooh" and the playful girlyness of "Love Machine", their recent hit "Call the shots" is an instant pop classic.

Anyone who has ever worked out listening to "Sexy No No No" will get me on this.

Mmm..hhhmmm *Nods*

Huge Girls Aloud fan here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Britney Spears... There, I said it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Oh yeah, and yore ma!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement