Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for a desk?

Options
  • 31-01-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a desk that I can keep a couple of computers on. I have had my eye on one in Argos, but I don't fancy having to wait another four weeks by the time it gets delivered.

Is there anywhere decent in the city I could get one? Either to take out there and then or to have delivered, I don't mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

If you have a car you could try Greenwood Furniture out in carrigtwohill, they have a few types of desks in stock most of the time.
    sorry, but I can't think of anywhere in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

Hi - I have had to use O'Brien Furniture in the past to order desks for work - they are good to deal with. You can order to your own specifications or they also have some ready to sell. Their website is http://www.obos.ie/office_furniture/index.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Argos' lead time is usually - but not always - much better than stated; they just like to CYA with a long lead time. Same goes for Viking.

Myself and LilMs have 1x Viking desk and 2x Argos desks and they're very good -- the Viking desk is a bit rickety now, but to be fair it's been through 3 house moves. The Argos desks have been through 1.5 moves and they're still very solid.

OBOS and OLOS would probably have good kit, albeit expensive.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Corksham

You can get cheap ones in Atlantic HomeCare (Blackpool and Pouladuff Road)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Thanks for the tips guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement