Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Someone swiped my spare from Inside the van.

Options
  • 31-01-2008 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I always kept the spare inside my Transit rather than have it in the underside wheel well because I heard bad stories of them being swiped from there before. My van was broken into not too long ago, I didnt think too much of the break in because I had a strong box for tools and my PA equipment was accounted for but to my horror I only noticed my spare missing when I needed it! In future ill have to chain it inside the van. Who would do this??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

I always kept the spare inside my Transit rather than have it in the underside wheel well because I heard of stories of them being swiped before. My van was broken into not too long ago, I didnt think too much of the break in because I had a strong box for tools and all my PA equipment was accounted for but to my horror I only noticed my spare missing when I needed it! In future ill have to chain it inside the van. Who would do this??? :confused:

I know of loads of stories of travellers doing this kind of thing.
    I'd put money on it being them !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I know of loads of stories of travellers doing this kind of thing.
    I'd put money on it being them !
    Bit racist, don't you think?

Anan1 wrote: »

When your livelyhood is in the back of your van and your constantly targeted by these people you might understand where im coming from. I come into contact with a lot of tradesmen who tell me the same old stories.Sometimes the truth hurts. I don't think race has anythingthing do with it.
    Speak to any guard or policeman and they would most likely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I know how you feel man, some dickhead nicked my windscreen wipers the other night - I mean, windscreen wipers ? WTF ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Assuming 2stageturbo is Irish, is it actually possible to be "racist" against yourself? Discriminatory, yes. Racist against your own race, erm.... :confused:

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    Assuming 2stageturbo is Irish, is it actually possible to be "racist" against yourself? Discriminatory, yes. Racist against your own race, erm.... :confused:

Yes im Irish and proud of it.

All i can say is it's hard enough to get by in the modern Ireland without somebody stealing parts or tools from a tradesmans van.
    Just bugs the sh_t out of me.

Sure it is, happens quite often. In the interests of clarity though, i'll be happy to amend it to "bit prejudiced against an ethnic minority".
    When your livelyhood is in the back of your van and your constantly targeted by these people you might understand where im coming from. I come into contact with a lot of tradesmen who tell me the same old stories.Sometimes the truth hurts. I don't think race has anythingthing do with it.
    Speak to any guard or policeman and they would most likely agree.
    We've heard this tripe many times before, from Serbian ultra-nationalists, from white supremacists in South Africa, from Hitler and long before. Fact is, you have no idea who stole his spare tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My previous car was broken into and they accidentally activated the immobiliser and couldn't start it. They then stole two containers of used oil from the boot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

is_that_so wrote: »
    My previous car was broken into and they accidentally activated the immobiliser and couldn't start it. They then stole two containers of used oil from the boot!!

Happy days! Free oil recycling! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sure it is, happens quite often. In the interests of clarity though, i'll be happy to amend it to "bit prejudiced against an ethnic minority".

Again, they're white Irish. Most of the people on this forum are probably white Irish, how is that an ethnic minority?

Language, cultures, customs etc don't make a race or an ethnicity, they make a culture. Big difference. He's being discriminatory but he's not being racist, because theres no difference of race to be, erm, "ist" about.

• Advertisement

Again, they're white Irish. Most of the people on this forum are probably white Irish, how is that an ethnic minority?

Language, cultures, customs etc don't make a race or an ethnicity, they make a culture. Big difference. He's being discriminatory but he's not being racist, because theres no difference of race to be, erm, "ist" about.
    In the interests of Boards harmony we'll just leave it at "he's being discriminatory" so, will we?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Being PC is all well and good - hes probably right you know.

Churchy wrote: »
    Being PC is all well and good - hes probably right you know.
    No, Churchy, i'm afraid I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

So looking at the posts changing my van to the T350 model seems to be the only solution to this problem of wheel theft.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That's wheely bad. I'd be going spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

MarkR wrote: »
    That's wheely bad. I'd be going spare.

Couldn't help laughing at that. Sorry OP :(
    Fact is, you have no idea who stole his spare tyre.

Indeed. Now enough of the semantics - back on topic please

unkel wrote: »
    Indeed. Now enough of the semantics - back on topic please
    With respect, Unkel, have you read the thread? This is the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

With respect, Unkel, have you read the thread? This is the topic.

Indeed the OP asks who would do that kinda thing. I'll answer it: a thief!

I can't see this going anywhere. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement