Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom & Resellers..BT, UTV etc] ADSL Speed upgrade to 8MB discussion...ongoing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

patrickc wrote: »
    just saying what i heard

I was having a go at the guy who had a go at you :) I'll take a guess. 13th June for upgrades!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

270252492.png eircom 2 meg

270252900.png I love eircom

270253325.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

May 12th...not a dickiebird in Limerick (sigh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

May 12th...not a dickiebird in Limerick (sigh)

They said June for the upgrades for residential customers, No point in sighing when we aren't halfway through May yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

As promised Eircom did come through & upgrade my 4Mb business connection this afternoon to 10Mb. It took 3 hours & one call to tech support to get reconnected after I'd waited the initial hour I was told it would take but still had no connectivity. After that hour of no connectivity, I decided to call & it was escalated. I was told it should not have taken that long.

I'm in the Celbridge area. The result below is through a wireless connection so I'd probably get a slightly better result if I had connected directly to the router etc..

270419177.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

what sort of results were you getting when the line was 4meg ??
    bonoman66 wrote: »
    As promised Eircom did come through & upgrade my 4Mb business connection this afternoon to 10Mb. It took 3 hours & one call to tech support to get reconnected after I'd waited the initial hour I was told it would take but still had no connectivity. After that hour of no connectivity, I decided to call & it was escalated. I was told it should not have taken that long.

I'm in the Celbridge area. The result below is through a wireless connection so I'd probably get a slightly better result if I had connected directly to the router etc..

270419177.png

Example of results before the 10Mb upgrade I got today.

This is on 4Mb Business Connection etc..

269336878.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 loadzac

Just after changing from 1MB Broadband to 2MB. Will i still get the upgrade in June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Praetorian wrote: »
    I was having a go at the guy who had a go at you :) I'll take a guess. 13th June for upgrades!

I wasn't having a go, i live in Carlow. Its just it was the first time i noticed that smiley so i wanted to post it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishj

Hey All,

I'm on the Leixlip exchange and got a pleasant surprise when i got home yesterday. Line was 4MB, now upgraded to 10MB and they sent out a new ADSL2+ router to handle the new speed......top class Eircom..nice to see an upgrade ! The line is so fast now, it's brilliant....everyone should have broadband this fast !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I presume you are a business customer yeah?
    Are residential customers getting a new router also?
    irishj wrote: »
    Hey All,

I'm on the Leixlip exchange and got a pleasant surprised when i got home yesterday. Line was 4MB, now upgraded to 10MB and they sent out a new ADSL2+ router to handle the new speed......top class Eircom..nice to see an upgrade ! The line is so fast now, it's brilliant....everyone should have broadband this fast !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

4Mbit is only available to business customers.

Yep...i have a business account, but not running a business if you know what i mean....just wanted the faster speed.

I think the only reason they sent me out the new router, is because when i initially signed up for Eircom, it was a about 2yrs ago....so they sent me a router then, but it wasn't ADSL2+ compatiable, would only go up to 8MB download.

My brother signed up more recently and he received one of the new routers that i just got, so i would assume if you were on 4MB previously, you will need the new router, whereas if you are on 3MB, your line will be upgraded to 7.8MB, which wouldn't break the 8MB barrier and thus you wouldn't need a new router. New customers will be receiving the new router, in case they ever want to upgrade their line.

Maybe i'm wrong....just my 2 cents worth.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

How did you do that, do you mind me asking?

Did you register a business name or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lynchie

Phlann wrote: »
    How did you do that, do you mind me asking?

Did you register a business name or what?

For business broadband? Just order it on the website or over the phone. You don't have to be a business.. I ordered the business enhanced package on a residential account before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭pauly3

Hey irishj, is it still over €200/month for the Eircom business enhanced package, or have they reduced the price lately?

Hey All,

I'm on the Leixlip exchange and got a pleasant surprised when i got home yesterday. Line was 4MB, now upgraded to 10MB and they sent out a new ADSL2+ router to handle the new speed......top class Eircom..nice to see an upgrade ! The line is so fast now, it's brilliant....everyone should have broadband this fast !!

Hi irishj- Just wondering what the make or model of the new ADSL2+ router you got was please ? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lynchie

pauly3 wrote: »
    Hey irishj, is it still over €200/month for the Eircom business enhanced package, or have they reduced the price lately?

Its still €169 + Vat. Cant see them reducing it at all.

pauly3 wrote: »

It works out as €178 bi-monthly. Including line rental it's €266.10

Hi irishj- Just wondering what the make or model of the new ADSL2+ router you got was please ? Thanks.

It's a Netopia 2247NWG-EIR

• Advertisement

It's a Netopia 2247NWG-EIR

Thanks for the info irishj.

I just wondered as I've had a Netopia 3347NWG for a couple of years & had just flashed its firmware to enable ADSL2+ compatibility etc..

Thanks for the info irishj.

I just wondered as I've had a Netopia 3347NWG for a couple of years & had just flashed its firmware to enable ADSL2+ compatibility etc..

No worries.

They'll probably send you out one of the new ones too. I'm not even using mine, i have a Netgear i was using previously and setting up NAT & DMZ is so much easier compared to the Netopia...prob just used to the Netgear by now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Man I wish they'd hurry up. Why can't it be June already :mad:

I don't know why I get so excited about faster broadband speeds... my inner geek, I guess.

I'm very interested to see what will happen with the caps at Eircom and Esat after this. I know the consensus on here seems to be that they'll stay at 30gigs but I'm hoping they'll raise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm switching from a 2Mb to a 3Mb product at the end of the month... hopefully that will mean I get to 7.6 sometime in June :)

Anyone heard anything recently, since june is only around the corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Stephen wrote: »
    I'm switching from a 2Mb to a 3Mb product at the end of the month... hopefully that will mean I get to 7.6 sometime in June :)

Anyone heard anything recently, since june is only around the corner?

That was my thinking to so two months ago I went off and upgraded, and I gotta say, the 3Mb is flawless. So, imagine what the 7.6Mb would be like.

I cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I'm another business (plus - the 4 meg deal) package customer who's been sent the new modem - no warning, it just arrived yesterday. I'd been running an ancient modem from the Dublin trial days, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. No contact from eircom to suggest when the pipe will be opened up though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

lynchie wrote: »
    For business broadband? Just order it on the website or over the phone. You don't have to be a business.. I ordered the business enhanced package on a residential account before.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no one can say until we get people on the 7.6mbit product.

if it works like it should do then yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Mr.S wrote: »
    Hmmm tempted to upgrade form 2 to 3mb to get the 7mb speed =/

worth it?

Bandwidth is like money, weapons, sex and digital storage space, it's never enough! ;)

Worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

yoyo wrote: »

Nick

If your line is indeed a business line then eircom should offer you business broadband.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement