Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom & Resellers..BT, UTV etc] ADSL Speed upgrade to 8MB discussion...ongoing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

http://212.23.23.177/ADSL/default.aspx

This is like watching paint dry everyone. It'll happen when it happens. It's unlikely to be in the first few hours of June. I think the upgrades are weeks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Praetorian wrote: »

This is like watching paint dry everyone. It'll happen when it happens. It's unlikely to be in the first few hours of June. I think the upgrades are weeks away.
    I agree. I never expected Eircom to roll anything out until late June or early July at the earliest, and I would be shocked to find out otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I'm guessing we'll see increases on the 23rd-29th.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing we'll see increases on the 23rd-29th.
    We should start a pool. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

26th of june between 11.13 am and 3.44pm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 will_forde

16th of june, sometime in the middle of the night. Hopefully sooner.

Jesus! I was joking. The mods are gonna get pretty angry if we keep spamming the thread with information of non-pertinence to anything factual about the speed increases. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh here feck off just guessing dates, i came in here and it went to the last post and i thought that they were offical dates :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

It's very odd the way there's been no word whatsoever from Eircom... they've basically said nothing since the announcement earlier this year, haven't they? Why no official word?

Even then you'd think somebody in there would know what was going on and tell us. Every other ISP seems to have snitches in here telling us everything.

I refuse to believe that Eircom are actually running a tight ship!

13th of June, between 00:00 and 01:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Phlann wrote: »
    It's very odd the way there's been no word whatsoever from Eircom... they've basically said nothing since the announcement earlier this year, haven't they? Why no official word?

Even then you'd think somebody in there would know what was going on and tell us. Every other ISP seems to have snitches in here telling us everything.

I refuse to believe that Eircom are actually running a tight ship!

13th of June, between 00:00 and 01:00

I rang eircom in March to ask if I waited till this month would the price stay the same (@48.40) for the 7.6Mb (stupid question in retrospect, maybe) - poor lady on the phone hadn't a clue what I was on about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I remember there used to be a page on eircoms website announcing when there might be downtime in certain locations due to broadband maintenance etc, if we are all due an upgrade at somestage over this month, there should be an announcment somewhere there telling us that there will 20 minutes of downtime etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

My line can handle 12MB, according to that checker above...i'm ready!

Are you all sure it's going to be changing to the ADSL2+ standard? If so, that means it's going to be an uncontented line (1:1).

Eircom going 1:1??...ooh, LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Gonzo wrote: »
    I remember there used to be a page on eircoms website announcing when there might be downtime in certain locations due to broadband maintenance etc, if we are all due an upgrade at somestage over this month, there should be an announcment somewhere there telling us that there will 20 minutes of downtime etc?

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/announce/

Has hardly been used since the last upgrade though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hey guys, I'm with Esat BT or whatever BT are these days, 2MB, are they upgrading too?
    A guy in work on DigiWeb wireless just saif he got bumped from 3MB to 6MB and I'm jealous... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm with Esat BT or whatever BT are these days, 2MB, are they upgrading too?
    A guy in work on DigiWeb wireless just saif he got bumped from 3MB to 6MB and I'm jealous... :(

Yes. You're going to 3 meg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

just a question........on that line speed capability test what do you put in the SNR margin box? is it the downstream SNR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

Was on the phone to BT the other day, the woman said BT's upgrades were *hoping* to go live around 16th-19th June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Mr Mojo wrote: »
    Was on the phone to BT the other day, the woman said BT's upgrades were *hoping* to go live around 16th-19th June.
    Believe it when i see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

just a question........on that line speed capability test what do you put in the SNR margin box? is it the downstream SNR?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm surprised the telephone monkies even know that there's an upgrade happening.

it's not uncommon practice to only tell them the day before the live day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

Yep

nice one! i can get 8128Kbps on a normal ADSL service and 19000Kbps on ADSL2

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Why don't all yee smart people social engineer the info ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

will this affect all providers or just eircom and bt i am on perlico 2mb. will i get a increase in speed too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

All bitstream providers will be affected by this - bt, utv, irish broadband dsl, digiweb dsl, perlico, imagine, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

My line can handle 12MB, according to that checker above...i'm ready!

Can you give me a link to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I'm on a 3meg line no change whatsoever so far
    I didn't even know this was happening untill I came across anothe webpage :(

279258001.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Got a letter this morning from BT, just a promotional "What good value we are " type leaflet. It gave a list of all available price plans/bundles and it stated that I will be freely upgraded to 8 if I'm on LLU or 7.6 otherwise and that it will be done by the end of June.

I know it's nothing we didn't already know but at least it's a communication.
    My father in law got the same letter last week.

Still Waiting......

• Advertisement

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Can you give me a link to that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement