Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom & Resellers..BT, UTV etc] ADSL Speed upgrade to 8MB discussion...ongoing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Phlann wrote: »
    Enter your phone number in the line checker on Smart Telecom's home page, should tell you what exchange you're on.
    True, but that doesn't tell you where it's physically situated. Anyway, even if you do know where it is, cabling routes can be pretty tortuous and can be much longer than 'as the crow flies'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Enter your phone number in the line checker on Smart Telecom's home page, should tell you what exchange you're on.

As Alun said, I know which exchange I'm on, (Ashbourne) but I just wanted to know where it is or how far I am from it and I understand it may not be as the crow flies or as the mole burrows more appropriatel but I'd still like to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

jarvis wrote: »
    As Alun said, I know which exchange I'm on, (Ashbourne) but I just wanted to know where it is or how far I am from it and I understand it may not be as the crow flies or as the mole burrows more appropriatel but I'd still like to know.

ASHBOURNE 53.5120884, -6.3953873

Bang those co-ordinates into Google Earth and it should take you to it.
    It's just off Hunters Lane it seems.:)

kaizersoze wrote: »

Thanks a million, Less than a mile from there.
    J

Are these stats o.k.?

attentication 27dB
    Noise Margin 26dB

Your maximum line connection speed using an ADSL (up to 8Mbps) service is: 8128Kbps

If you are on a Max product, that uses the IP Profile system (sometimes called BRAS Data Rate) if you maintain the above line speed for 3 days or more your IP Profile would be set to:7.15Mbps

If your service provider uses ADSL2+ the maximum line speed likely is: 17500Kbps

With ADSL2+ the maximum IP throughput is likely to be around: 15487

Your line should perform very well under ADSL, the estimated speed based on your data is higher than what is to be expected for that attenuation.
    Most lines achieve around 7630Kbps

Your ADSL2+ speeds are likely to be in the range 14500Kbps to 17500Kbps.

Will this allow me the full benefit f 7.6 upgrade???

Jarvis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Why is there new prices for there packages online? presumably the old 3mb package would be the price of the 2mb> and the 7.6mb the price of the 3mb etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I spoke to our Eircom account manager and he said that the upgrades are definitely happening within the next 2 weeks nationwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

kaizersoze wrote: »

How did you get those coordinates Kaizersoze?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Praetorian wrote: »
    I spoke to our Eircom account manager and he said that the upgrades are definitely happening within the next 2 weeks nationwide.

Is this the first indication we've had that anybody in Eircom even has an idea of when it might be happening? Still a little vague.

Keep annoying him until he gives you a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I think the morning of June 29th seems about right, 1-4am is when they seem to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Will eircom increase the cap limit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Will eircom increase the cap limit?

Maybe, maybe not. No one knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Caps are up to each of the individual bitstream ISP's to set themselves.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

We already knew that bt would be moving to 7.6Mbps, all bitstream resellers are. That site doesn't give a date for the update. It says they are making some changes from the 27th but they seem to be aimed mainly at their calls packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

A little birdie told me there are some issues that eircom have encountered on the 3meg->7.6 Q&A that have pushed the upgrade back several weeks. It may well be longer than we all thought :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Hi guys

i have eircom being wired in my house today.

Then i will be getting the 2mb broadband to start, will i be entitled to the upgrades in speed as im only a new customer?

what will a person with 2mb get?

im living in the monkstown / dun laoire area.

Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

flamegrill wrote: »
    A little birdie told me there are some issues that eircom have encountered on the 3meg->7.6 Q&A that have pushed the upgrade back several weeks. It may well be longer than we all thought :/

source(s)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

I believe it..

My friends works place line has yet to be upgraded, now middle of June and they said March to May..

Hi guys

Then i will be getting the 2mb broadband to start, will i be entitled to the upgrades in speed as im only a new customer?

Ta

2mb is being upgraded to a almighty 3mb
    hail eircom, there so generous :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I heard from a friend of a friend that the residential broadband upgrades has been delayed as well but no reason given:(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I heard they've just given up on the whole idea of broadband and they'll be pulling up all the lines and destroying them before the end of the month. Can't reveal my source at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I heard they've just given up on the whole idea of broadband and they'll be pulling up all the lines and destroying them before the end of the month. Can't reveal my source at this point.

I heard this too!! :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

What precentage of lines won't actually take the increase ? 3MB in some places is pushing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

azzeretti wrote: »
    source(s)

I can't say who the information is from bar it's from Eircom wholesale to OLO's. All Bitstream resellers would have received this information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

Hi guys

Ta

you will be upgraded to the 3mb package, maybe you should consider getting the 3mb package so you will be upgraded to 8mb

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I can't say who the information is from bar it's from Eircom wholesale to OLO's. All Bitstream resellers would have received this information.

I think you're a big fat liar... And your pants is on fire!

Using big fancy words the rest of us don't understand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement