Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom & Resellers..BT, UTV etc] ADSL Speed upgrade to 8MB discussion...ongoing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

hellboy99 wrote: »
    If there not done by the end of tomorrow it's really bad form and comes across as if they are pulling dates out of thin air.

Was this an official date from Eircom?
    Or like alot of the other info on here.....a little birdy friend of a friend who is related to somebody's birdy cousin???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 solpadol

upgraded on the coolock ex. :D:D:D from 3mb to 6752 no probs so far :cool:

solpadol wrote: »
    upgraded on the coolock ex. :D:D:D from 3mb to 6752 no probs so far :cool:

Can you post a pic from speedtest.net???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 solpadol

sure 297656731.png

sure 297656731.png

Good stuff, a little lower than you probably should be getting and ping is high but happy days looking good for the rest of us so.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Malahide exchange... this morning the modem is showing 7616kbs / 672kbs. Sweet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

sure 297656731.png

What are your line stats? (attenuation and noise margin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

sure 297656731.png

About ****ing time :rolleyes: Wold they ever get their act together and upgrade the rest of us.

Although i don't think it'll last very long for me. Will probably downgrade the package once the upgrades come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

i rang the saps today to get my dsl path changed to fast, they guy said yes thats no problem give it 20 minutes and reset the router. so i reboot the router and see it syncing at 8mb and dsl path still interleave, effin eejit upgraded me to the higher package for probably another 300 quid a month on the bill :rolleyes: what part of ''can i get the dsl path set to fast please'' does it say i want to upgrade to the 8mb package for the extra money when nothing like that was discussed? it turns out i cant get the dsl path changed on a business line. well anyway, i noticed that my ping was through the effin roof with this upgrade so screw them, when i get it im downgrading (shouldnt i already have this free speed upgrade since i had it for 30 mins this morning?):rolleyes:

I ****ING HATE EIRCOM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

can you post ping times to the following for me please people on the 6 meg , 8 etc

www.kplay , www.utservers.nl , www.multiplay.co.uk

Thanks guys , dos ping preferred of course.:)

btw previous posted, you sure they cant set you onto fastpath if you request it?
    Im pretty sure they dont it unless u get it by being lucky.

Post your ping times people! Cheers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

i rang the saps today to get my dsl path changed to fast, they guy said yes thats no problem give it 20 minutes and reset the router. so i reboot the router and see it syncing at 8mb and dsl path still interleave, effin eejit upgraded me to the higher package for probably another 300 quid a month on the bill :rolleyes: what part of ''can i get the dsl path set to fast please'' does it say i want to upgrade to the 8mb package for the extra money when nothing like that was discussed? it turns out i cant get the dsl path changed on a business line. well anyway, i noticed that my ping was through the effin roof with this upgrade so screw them, when i get it im downgrading (shouldnt i already have this free speed upgrade since i had it for 30 mins this morning?):rolleyes:

I ****ING HATE EIRCOM

They don't have a 8meg package. He probably stuck you onto 10meg.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    They don't have a 8meg package. He probably stuck you onto 10meg.

well 7.6 then, my line is great quality, a stones throw to the exchange and pings were through the roof when they gave me this upgrade, i always play on xbox live and never have problems with my 3meg connection so i will just be saving money really when these freebies come in.

i would also advise any other gamers to avoid going over 3mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i did the same thing i hope the ******s didnt upgrade me to the 10meg 500e month package

check it when you get home mark, youre on a residential package so you can get data path changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

check it when you get home mark, youre on a residential package so you can get data path changed

If there were up grading me to a higher speed they would have to tell me the price etc.

the chap i was talikng knew what he was talking about, so i doubt he made a mistake.

btw, thanks for the cod invite last night ya judas :)

thats what im trying to say man, they said nothing about prices to me on the phone that time. sorry we had a full party last night and i went 2 bed early :D

nuxxx wrote: »
    btw previous posted, you sure they cant set you onto fastpath if you request it?

if youre on a residential package you just ring them up and they do it for you

tbh im not sure about that

iv tried numerous times....

anyway some1 do some dos traces for me!!!!!!!!! ( those have been "upgraded" ) :p

tbh im not sure about that

iv tried numerous times....

anyway some1 do some dos traces for me!!!!!!!!! ( those have been "upgraded" ) :p

youre not sure, i am sure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

anyone know if any of the reseller ISPs are going to increase usage caps due to the speed increases?

no point in (more than in some cases) doubling speeds & not increasing the caps :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

youre not sure, i am sure ;)

strange , because iv heard the only ISP who do it are Smart, iv been trying for years to get it done and so have others i no , unless they changed there policy recently, im pretty sure im right. Ill ring them after work so , maybe they`ll surprise me

cabaal watty etc, can u confirm this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

anyone know if any of the reseller ISPs are going to increase usage caps due to the speed increases?

no point in (more than in some cases) doubling speeds & not increasing the caps :rolleyes:

I'd imagine they will but unless anybody works for a ISP and has permission to post details can confirm anything else at this time is speculation

strange , because iv heard the only ISP who do it are Smart, iv been trying for years to get it done and so have others i no , unless they changed there policy recently, im pretty sure im right. Ill ring them after work so , maybe they`ll surprise me

cabaal watty etc, can u confirm this?

i am after confirming it for you, the guy i was on the phone to knew his stuff and asked me was it for gaming and i said yes, he said i would have to be on a residential package to get it done because business lines cant be changed from interleave, something to do with stability.

EDIT:

anyone know if i changed to the residential 3mb would i be more prone to disconnects?

ok fair enuff, its hard to seperate fact from fiction sometimes on this forum, cheers will ring them after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No upgrade in Artane. :( This is happening automatically to everyone right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Poobear123

ShaneU wrote: »
    No upgrade in Artane. :( This is happening automatically to everyone right.

Its being done in 4 phases, only 5 exchanges were upgraded last night

lol wish I had never seen this thread. Before last week I was blissfully unaware of any speed changes and was happy with what I had. Now I'm anxious about September.....

lol wish I had never seen this thread. Before last week I was blissfully unaware of any speed changes and was happy with what I had. Now I'm anxious about September.....

What exchange are you in?

Limerick.

• Advertisement

Limerick.

theres more than one exchange in limerick.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement