Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom & Resellers..BT, UTV etc] ADSL Speed upgrade to 8MB discussion...ongoing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Id hazzard a guess at the OP :)

Guess again. :p

The original title was Eircom confirm speed increases back in January.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Guess again. :p

The original title was Eircom confirm speed increases back in January.
    Emmmm either: Chief---, Cabaal, Moriarty, Asok or MiCr0?

ctrl + c ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Anyone who was upgraded last month, on your Eircom broadband usage stats page. Does it show an increased cap allowance, or the same

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

Demondaze wrote: »
    Duly noted, although I'm still a bit suspicious how my recent decline in YouTube speed coincided with the general speed increase. It can take me 20+ minutes to get a 5 minute clip lately. That said, I was watching some Daily Show earlier using Comedy Central's video streaming and that worked grand, so perhaps it is just YouTube getting on it's picky.

same here...im not upgraded till this sat...
    and youtube..is sooooooooooooo slow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

rc28 wrote: »
    Mods, please change the title of this thread where it says '8mb' to 7.6mb because it is leading to confusion between bt's 8mb service going to 24mb and eircom's adsl1 upgrades. Who put it as 8mb in the first place?

caball changed the thread title if i remember correctly

• Advertisement

Anyone who was upgraded last month, on your broadband usage stats page. Does it show an increased cap allowance, or the same

3meg to 7.6 (in most places!) with BT no download/limits !! YESSSS

you ARE limited with BT on 1 and 2 meg (which are now 1 meg and 3 meg!)--most places!

log on the site! and READ!!!

www.btireland.ie !

Dont know about others..BT is by far the BEST! and cheapest!

I'm with Eircom, and looking at the BT website they are still advertising the old packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lol @ mattman. fanboi much? :p

tbh as far as thequality of the actual broadband service itself goes, they seem to have been one of the best for a long time now in general but their billing, support and customer services seem to be a little lacking to say the least, but i don't think there's many ISP's (or anything else) in Ireland that you couldn't say that about. :)

roll on this weekend and 7.6mbps of downloading glory! :D

and fingers crossed for no interleaving (or other related) problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ah well, I tried contacting BT to see if they have any info on when the update will hit my area.
    Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not have a date for the upgrade on the Exchange, as this belongs to Eircom so it really is up to them to launch it for the 8MB speed.

Generally speaking it depends on the demand they receive for such upgrade,
    but unfortunately we are not able to advise what is currently the demand.

Kind regards

BT
    Business Customer care

I might email Eircom next.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Cremo wrote: »
    cheers Alun and kaizer, yeh i had an inkling it was down by the post office/molloys on the quinnborough road.

thanks to google maps i've found out i'm approx. 1.4km from the exchange. not bad although i know the line is no doubt longer.
    I'm only just over 1km as the crow flies, but my line attenuation suggests I'm more like 3.4km! (I'm using 13.8dB per km) It could be other stuff like crappy joints as well, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

The fact that pings went crazy when the first upgrade came into effect, how will the other half of the country being upgraded all at once this weekend effect both the upgraded from 11 days ago and the people getting upgraded this weekend, will they get even worse?????
    Roll on Saturday..... From the posts 2 weekends ago it seemed that the first reports of upgrades on this thread were around 1a.m. on Saturday morning

We'll all have Saturday morning glory this Saturday.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

I'm with Eircom, and looking at the BT website they are still advertising the old packages.

Now showing the unlimited usage on the BT Ireland homepage:

http://www.btireland.ie/AtHome_bb.shtml

Check the Deluxe Broadband Option 3 section.

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Hey, I'm thinking of signing up to BT's 24MB package, it sounds too good to be true to be honest, but I have rang them up and said it's available where I live from the 15th of this month.

But are BT a good ISP? anybody have any critcism of them?

Also it says the download is 24MB, but does anyone know what the upload would be, a rough estimate, as I know it can vary from location to location.

Cheers,

Tim

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Tim131 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm thinking of signing up to BT's 24MB package, it sounds too good to be true to be honest, but I have rang them up and said it's available where I live from the 15th of this month.

But are BT a good ISP? anybody have any critcism of them?

Also it says the download is 24MB, but does anyone know what the upload would be, a rough estimate, as I know it can vary from location to location.

Cheers,

Tim
    Are people unable to read thread titles? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Tim131 wrote: »
    ...Also it says the download is 24MB, but does anyone know what the upload would be, a rough estimate, as I know it can vary from location to location...

does anyone know? YES, EVERYONE KNOWS TIM!

read the thread ffs. people keep stumbling on this thread and reading two posts and then asking questions which have already been answered dozens of times at this stage and it's really starting to pi$$ people off. :mad:

knowledge is power timothy, go forth and educate yourself.

kmurph wrote: »
    Now showing the unlimited usage on the BT Ireland homepage:

Check the Deluxe Broadband Option 3 section.

Yay!

A fair usage policy is better than a small cap.
    It isn't clear cut on their website. How much you can download before you breach the fair usage policy etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

vibe666 wrote: »

read the thread ffs. people keep stumbling on this thread and reading two posts and then asking questions which have already been answered dozens of times at this stage and it's really starting to pi$$ people off. :mad:

Clam down, it is 132 pages long (1,970 posts) after all.

Any important info should be put in the first post, edited in by a mod in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Sorry lads didn't mean to offend anyone!!

I read the first page and saw how long it was and skimmed to the last 15 or so, and it wasnt there from what I saw...

I'll go back then! no need to get bitter about it thats all.

Sorry if I stressed anyone out...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

I've looked at the pdf files and my exchange isn't on it, anyone any idea when the Donadea exchange will be done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I think you need this thread Vibe. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055018638&goto=newpost ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Your line will be upgraded on the weekend of the 9th August

I'm back from holiday on the 24th so it should be all sorted out by then. :D

no they are not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bored888

i dare you to read all 133 pages of this thread!!

bored888 wrote: »
    i dare you to read all 133 pages of this thread!!
    I have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I just emailed eircom asking about when the ugrades are happeing in my exchange and they said.......

Dear X

Further to your E-mail to the Customer Care Dept, as I cannot give you
    an Exact Date as to when the Exchange will be Upgraded but Eircom do
    aim to have all our Lines and Exchanges Upgraded by April 2009.

APRIL 2009!!!! SERIOUSLY!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

There has been 6 Eircom vans on the road into my estate all day. I'm a little nervous that they're gonna mess something up for the weekends upgrades:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

jarvis wrote: »
    There has been 6 Eircom vans on the road into my estate all day. I'm a little nervous that they're gonna mess something up for the weekends upgrades:eek:
    It would make a nice change if they didn't mess something up. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

According to the information supplied by Eircom, my exchange in Tramore should have been upgraded the weekend of July 26th. Now, from speaking to EsatBT they said its not yet been done. Why the delay?

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    According to the information supplied by Eircom, my exchange in Tramore should have been upgraded the weekend of July 26th. Now, from speaking to EsatBT they said its not yet been done. Why the delay?
    Is that one of bt's llu exchanges? Maybe they are getting mixed up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement