Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom & Resellers..BT, UTV etc] ADSL Speed upgrade to 8MB discussion...ongoing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

here are my stats , crappy ping time :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Downstream Rate: 7616 K bps Upstream Rate: 672 K bps ...Downstream Margin: 10 db ...Upstream Margin: 13 db ...Downstream Line Attenuation: 34 ...Upstream Line Attenuation: 18

307745457.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

307778671.png

My ping was around 18 so worse but not completely terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

just joined utv 3mb bb with a view to getting(with the upgrade) 5mb or fingers crossed 7.5mb(topped out).
    anyone got the upgrade yet?
    thanks
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

As another update ESAT have just told me that the problems we are seeing with our line being slow/having very high pings (700+) etc... are to do with the flooding and the flooding only. Apparently they have nothing to do with the line upgrades but its just a coincidence the two events happened at the same time. They say around 1800 people have been affected so its a pretty big area really. Eircom dont have an estimated time for fixing it yet still but hope it will be tonight/early tomorrow....Im guessing after that we will see just how good this upgrade has been...we have definitely gotten the line increase though as the modem/router has registered it but just cant do anything with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Eircom have the new BB packages on their site now. I did a line test and it would let me order the 7mb package but my exchange hasn't been upgraded yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

just noticed there i was downloading 6 things at over 100kb/sec each at the same time, so i checked the speed of my line and ive gone from a 3 meg connection to 7616 Kbps down 672 Kbps up

*edit*

im in balbriggan btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Yes, The caps have increased, was on the 3mb 40gb business package, now 7.6mb 50gb business package. Also the usage stats show your new cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

jimmeh wrote: »

Letterkenny - post september?????

transmission upgrade required? surely this is a matter of reconfiguring backhaul for additional bandwidth, a job that should take about 5 minutes max, some of these exchanges are directly linked to letterkenny namely manorcunningham ramelton and kilmacrennan, surely this excuse isnt valid?
    especially for donegals biggest exchange...

I know exactly what you mean, I still can't see why the LK exchange isn't upgraded, especially when you look down the list at some of the places in Donegal that are being upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Ah my download limit has gone up to 30gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

New caps from Esat BT

In my stats page it still says I'm going to go over the limit in X days. Should I be worried? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just checked their site, cap has changed..........up to 7.6Mb broadband eircom home professional
    Your monthly download allowance is 50GB
    This is the maximum amount of data you can download from the Internet each month. If you go over 50GB, each extra 1Mb will cost 1c. Think of it this way: there are 1,024Mb in 1GB. Your 50GB are 51,200Mb. A song is about 5Mb of data. So you could download over 6,000 songs every month with your 50GB. If you go over 50GB, one extra song would cost you 5c

Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

So It seems they are going to enforce they caps this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

still no upgrade in ballymakerra despite it being on the list :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

So It seems they are going to enforce they caps this time.

I'm at 43Gb now so I'll let ya kno next bill ;)

Also if they charge me i'll be lookin for another provider

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

tinner777 wrote: »
    still no upgrade in ballymakerra despite it being on the list :mad:

Same here in Clontarf, phone is bad too, they are blaming the floods.

Bubonic wrote: »
    Same here in Clontarf, phone is bad too, they are blaming the floods.

how do we find out officially when we'll be sorted?

just spoke to a young girl in broadband support who told me i hadn't been upgraded but i was due to be upgraded however she couldn't tell me when:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

Stats page show 50GB on the allowance yet I also have this....

Note: next month you will have the lower download allowance of 40960 MB

.::Edit::.
    The package details on the Eircom Business BB still state 40GB cap. So looks like it's here to stay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

exiztone wrote: »
    New caps from Esat BT

In my stats page it still says I'm going to go over the limit in X days. Should I be worried? :D
    Could just be my reading of it, but that reads like the cap has increased if you're on an unbundled exchange using BT's own hardware, but if you're on an exchange where they're just renting Eircom bandwidth then nothing is mentioned about a cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

tinner777 wrote: »
    just spoke to a young girl in broadband support who told me i hadn't been upgraded but i was due to be upgraded however she couldn't tell me when:confused:

I got told 24 to 48 hours.

• Advertisement

where lies the problem?
    j

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

where lies the problem?
    j

If I had to guess I'd say it's because Loughrea is a town of about 4000 people and you're not a high priority, unfortunately. You're probably in the post-september time-frame.

The line checker on BT's site will give you an estimate:

http://www.btireland.ie/cgi-bin/upgrade_time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

:mad:
    Just back home and have found my package hasn't been upgraded yet. I'm on the 2mb package still and Dunshaughlin was supposed to be upgraded over the weekend, anyone else on this exchange?

this has been going on for 2 weeks now!
    I ordered 3mb as to be in line for the max speed increase(5mb-7.5mb line dependant)
    had 3mb for a day now back to 2mb.
    UTV customer service are good but come on man!!!
    not impressed!
    j:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Whats going on with eircom and download caps
    Whats the point of upgrading to 7.6 when you still have the same download cap.

I just checked and this month I have a 50gb limit but next month I'm being downgraded to
    30gb again.
    What a usless shower
    Faster speeds and no increase on downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Stats after upgrade from 3mb. Eircom Dun Laoghaire exchange
    308096429.png
    Sync speed: 7616kbps down / 672kbps up
    Line Attenuation: 33 db down / 9 db up
    Noise margin: 11db down / 12 db up
    Average ping to boards.ie: 567ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Average ping to boards.ie: 567ms

Thats incredibly bad:)
    You werent downloading while you did the ping test were you?
    Tho, iv seen alot of results like this, people who are half way to 7.6, like those on 4 and 5, pretty nasty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Anyone know what the status of the Summerhill exchange is?
    No sign of an upgrade here, despite the scheduled weekend switchover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

alastair wrote: »
    Anyone know what the status of the Summerhill exchange is?
    No sign of an upgrade here, despite the scheduled weekend switchover.
    Same here on the Dunshaughlin exchange. I was supposed to go to 3mb from 2mb. However, my pings have gone sh*te over the weekend too (boards.ie used to be 10ms and now is 40ms). Why would they turn up interleaving without giving the upgrade. Also, on my download stats page it says my download allowance is the new 30gB cap as if I have gotten the upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

happy days rc28 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement