Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT hedegehogs??

• 31-01-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

does anyone out there keep these??

here some pic's of mine,and some babies they recently had:)

previouslitter.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 phil exotic

P1010140.jpg

hogs_march.jpg

P1010145-3.jpg

P1010137-1.jpg

P1010146.jpg

• Advertisement

and a couple of european hedegehogs,our native hedegehogs

hedgehogs00148.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Oh my, there are very cute. They have been on my wish list for quite some time, Id also like some of the Egyptian Long Eared, they are adoreable too.

Hopefully will have space for some new additions in the near future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Very cool. We had a wild hedgehog in the back garden a few months ago. He was there 3 nights in a row and then gone. Wonder if he is hibernating under the shed or somewhere because there's no way he could have gotten out of the garden unless hedgehogs can climb 6ft walls. Although how he got into the garden in the first place is a mystery too.

hedgehogui3.jpg

he must be in hibernation,nice pic's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Never heard of domesticated hedgehogs as pets before. What are they like? Strikes me as a very interesting idea.

• Advertisement

they are reasonably well natured,can and wil be grumpy early in the day,but as they are nocturnal this is to be expected.
    Later in the evening they are great and very inquizitive.

never bite,just huff and hiss a bit somtimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have kept long eared hogs & I had a black masked hog as well - APH have been on my list for a while but I have no space or spare cash at the moment. Baby hogs are adorable!

Yeah, they seem like fairly classy little pets. What sort of environment and maintenance is involved?

They are not difficult to keep,very straight forward.

I keep mine in 3ft x 12inch rabbit hutches,they have a 12inch wheel for exercise.They play with and chew toys,dog or cat toys are great.

I feed mine Iams light cat biscuits,they also get mealworms,apple,pea's and fresh cooked chicken breast.The cat biscuits are thier staple,the other stuf they only get a couple of times a week.They eat very little,a good table spoon of food does them once a day.I feed them in the evening as they are nocturnal.

That's pretty interesting. I might consider investing in these as pets. Learn something new every day. :)

Advertisement