Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

potato wedges

• 31-01-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi! has anyone got a good recipe for homemade baked wedges? i know theres no recipe to it really but just wondering what herb/spice combinations people use? i only toss them in a little oil and season with salt and pepper at the moment so am looking for inspiration :D thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I use Schwartz's Spicey Season All. I chop the potatoes into wedges, drizzle them with a little oil and then sprinkle the season all over them. They are feckin' lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

I would usually use fresh rosemary, black pepper and garlic. After I chop the potatoes I put them in a plastic bag with the pepper, chopped garlic and rosemary and add olive oil. I find this method the easiest way to coat the wedges prior to cooking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jj1310

The real trick with roast potato wedges is that you boil the potatoes first for about five to seven minutes depending on size. . This speeds up the whole process and is quite tasty. ( not my idea unfortunately, Gordan Ramsey). I also go for the rosemary and garlic. For variety also I use paprika sometimes by itself. Ps nothing to stop you doing pasnips,carrots etc in the same way/tray. I find it very handy and delicious. Happy cooking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

jj1310 wrote: »
    The real trick with roast potato wedges is that you boil the potatoes first for about five to seven minutes depending on size. . This speeds up the whole process and is quite tasty. ( not my idea unfortunately, Gordan Ramsey). I also go for the rosemary and garlic. For variety also I use paprika sometimes by itself. Ps nothing to stop you doing pasnips,carrots etc in the same way/tray. I find it very handy and delicious. Happy cooking

3 mins boiling. 25-30 mins then in a pre heated oven at 220 degrees C.

I sprinkle them with chili flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper after the boiling stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 the pants man

par boil then roast with rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and black pepper and duck fat. remembering to give them a shake now and then. DAM POSH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭lithiumoxide

I just mad a rub that included: black pepper (freshly ground), garlic, chilli powder, chilli flakes, some herbes de provence, and a pinch or two of salt. Crushed it all up with the pestle and mortar and it smells good. The wedges are now in the oven and I think some cool mayonnaise as a dip will be perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Try sea salt, black pepper, paprika, crushed chilli or chilli flakes and curry powder. YUMMY!

Advertisement