Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping Assistants rudeness

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm gonna go out on a limb here..... Spain?

No....way worse....to portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Haha believe me I would have but my mothers fair too nice a lady for that!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

working in Dunnes and seeing the sheer f*ckwittedness of some customers, I can understand the occasional bout of rudeness from a shop assistant.

I agree with that like Ive been working in a pub for about 6 years and sometimes you want to just throw the drink over them but you have to have a bit of respect- if I want to get something out of my system I do so in the staff quarters out of sight and earshot of patrons.

C-J wrote: »
    I agree with that like Ive been working in a pub for about 6 years and sometimes you want to just throw the drink over them but you have to have a bit of respect- if I want to get something out of my system I do so in the staff quarters out of sight and earshot of patrons.

Agreed.

90% of the people I served were grand. Nice, friendly people.

Some were just on power trips.

Irish people seem to treat shop assistants nicely as a rule although they do for example NEVER clean up after themselves in fast food places.

not complaining about it, I just find it so odd as in Belgium, people would never do that as they felt it was bad manners.

Throwing my rubbish out in Supermacs once I had a middle age worker tell me it was great to see a young man cleaning up after himself.

• Advertisement

I for instance ALWAYS say please and thank you to shop assistants and go out of my way to be nice- sometimes when Im treated badly in a shop I just get really disillusioned and am like why do I bother?? Take for instance a girl in the new G & L Centra she looks like her face will crack if she even says hello.. Ive started being uber nice simply to p*ss her off!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

In praise of foreign staff I have to say the cafe in Salthill attached the aquarium,the name escapes me ,is exclusively staffed by foreign staff and they must be the smiliest, most helpful people in Galway ( possibly even on earth). Never been in there when I haven't been met with big beaming smiles and people who actively seem to want to serve you instead of the usual "I'm not going to look up so I can pretend I don't see you" attitude of lots of Irish staff.

chilly wrote: »
    In praise of foreign staff I have to say the cafe in Salthill attached the aquarium,the name escapes me ,is exclusively staffed by foreign staff and they must be the smiliest, most helpful people in Galway ( possibly even on earth). Never been in there when I haven't been met with big beaming smiles and people who actively seem to want to serve you instead of the usual "I'm not going to look up so I can pretend I don't see you" attitude of lots of Irish staff.

Arabica I think the name is.

Agreed.
    Lovely place.
    Nice staff.
    Great view.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm gonna go out on a limb here..... Spain?

Har har har!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

In praise of foreign staff I have to say the cafe in Salthill attached the aquarium,the name escapes me ,is exclusively staffed by foreign staff and they must be the smiliest, most helpful people in Galway ( possibly even on earth).

Its an Arabica and they have nice Irish staff too :)

Bloody slow though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Agreed about the staff in Arabica.

The staff in the Amnesty cafe on Middle Street are my favourites, and it is like United Nations in there.

Then again they are nearly all volunteers, maybe that's why they are so happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Jesus, I totally agree with you all.
    My ould mum was having a rant the other day about Joyces Knocknacarra (which apparently is being sold off to Aldi or Lidl, which will cause WW3 here) there's even a Polish manager in there now, the place is a dunp, anyhoo, she asked 2 polish girls where something like philidelphia cheese was and they were in conversation, they just looked at her, laughed and shrugged and said 'no we dont have' my mum got so p-d off she FOUND IT and went back and said in a Polish accent 'no we dont have'-fair play, didnt know mum had it in her, haha

I worked with a great Polish guy and before he left I asked what 'STUPID' was in Polish and he said it was something that sounded like 'ghuppie' so next time a Pole gives me a studid lazy ass answer Im gonna walk off saying this ghupie and walk off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Its an Arabica and they have nice Irish staff too :)

Bloody slow though :(

Yup that's the name! You're quite right too , they have a few Irish staff and they are extremely nice,hardworking and pleasant too .It must be something in the water out there.

I want a cappucinno now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I want a cappucinno now:)

Oooh, there you go...... now I want one too, a HAZELNUT cap!

mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Think up your witty come backs, enter them here and get practising.
    http://www.stars21.com/translator/english_to_polish.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

blah blah blah ...my mum got so p-d off she FOUND IT and went back and said in a Polish accent 'no we dont have'... blah blah blah

If it looks, smells, and sounds like a troll, then is it a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

i was buying earrings recently, went to pay for the them, the 2 wans behind the counter continued on their conversation while one of them served me and gave me the wrong change cos she wasn't paying attention. it wasn't the wrong change for long.

another day at uni I had to wait 4 minutes for the waitresses to finish their conversation before getting served, when it came to pay, i started a 4 minute conversation with my friend, while the battleaxe kept saying '£1.40', no please no thank you.

In australia I ordered fish and chips for lunch, and the waitress asked if I wanted salad with it, I said "sure why not", wench neglected to inform me it was $5 extra, raging i was.

One day in the Spar off Eyre Square I was standing at the counter when the shop assistant quite literally pushed past me, didn't apologise, got to the counter and then asked me, in the rudest way possible, "what do you want?"

Also in relation to Arabica; they can be nice and friendly as they want, but if they have slow service, I'll avoid there.

Advertisement