Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Meteor data add on

• 31-01-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

10 euro for 250 MB a month. Only catch is you must be on bill pay 60 euro plan or better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

you have to be on the €60 plan for the unlimited add-on
    you can get the 250mb add-on for any price plan.
    I have an iPhone and think I will order this now.
    Anyone here have it already?? How much usage do you get out of it?
    Is it enough for a month? I will use the internet on my phone everyday for browsing etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Prepay too?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Only on Postpay. 250Mb is 9.99 for anyone. Unlimited (10gb a month) is €30 but only on postpay talk 400 and 600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have an iPhone and believe me, I do use the internet a lot. 250megs is loads. I've used just over 500 since the start of November.

I use around 100Mb a month. Most Ive used has been 2.6Gb in a month, but generally 250mb will be suited. What will you be using the internet for? 250mb is grand for basic mails and browsing, but if you start looking at streaming content and larger mails, you may find yourself going over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Does anyone know if this is like their other billpay add-ons where you have to wait for your next bill cycle for it to be active or is it immediate?
    site doesnt seem to say

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

yep it is the same as other add-ons, when you sign up tells you it will become active on your next billing date .. kind of sucks as mine is 14 days away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

yeah mine's 25 days away, just missed out. Very inconvenient that you cant just purchase an add-on, you'd think it'd be ok as your on a bill.

wonderboy wrote: »
    yeah mine's 25 days away, just missed out. Very inconvenient that you cant just purchase an add-on, you'd think it'd be ok as your on a bill.

The problem that lies there is that they cant give you a percentage of usage between now and your billing date. ie, if theres 15 days between now and your billing date, theoretically they should give 125Mb. But the issues that arise is that someone could say that they bought the bundle as they use 100Mb a day. Whilst it doesnt make sense why they cant give you a percentage, from a "pain in the hole" point of view of controlling who gets what would be very difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Does anyone know if this is like their other billpay add-ons where you have to wait for your next bill cycle for it to be active or is it immediate?
    site doesnt seem to say

I just ordered it and it appeared on my account straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

yeah mine appeared on the account too but when you hover over the usage bar, the table has a start date which is the start of my next bill. (14 days away)

Careful there, i wouldnt what to be charged standard rates for data.

yeah mine appeared on the account too but when you hover over the usage bar, the table has a start date which is the start of my next bill. (14 days away)

Careful there, i wouldnt what to be charged standard rates for data.

Wow. Good catch.

I was planning on trying it out on the train home this evening. Now wouldn't that have been painful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I thought you could buy a one time add-on? Would that not sort the problem?

One time for the first 25 days and then a repeat one from the next billing date going forward. That's what I did under the temporary data pricing structure anyway. Just ring the customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

antodeco wrote: »
    Only on Postpay. 250Mb is 9.99 for anyone. Unlimited (10gb a month) is €30 but only on postpay talk 400 and 600.

What do you mean here? What Meteor bundle gives 250 mb for 9.99 for anyone, even of prepaid? Or are you talking about the 9.99 250 mb bundle on 3pay (don't think you do)?

flodis79 wrote: »
    What do you mean here? What Meteor bundle gives 250 mb for 9.99 for anyone, even of prepaid? Or are you talking about the 9.99 250 mb bundle on 3pay (don't think you do)?

You missed the bit at the start of my sentence :) Its postpay only. Meteors new data bundle is 250MB for 9.99 and available on all postpay tariffs.

http://www.meteor.ie/personal/bill_pay/add_ons/data_add_ons/

With regards the once off bundles, you used to be able to, but since the new bundles have come in, you cant buy one-off ones anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

antodeco wrote: »
    You missed the bit at the start of my sentence :) Its postpay only. Meteors new data bundle is 250MB for 9.99 and available on all postpay tariffs.

http://www.meteor.ie/personal/bill_pay/add_ons/data_add_ons/

With regards the once off bundles, you used to be able to, but since the new bundles have come in, you cant buy one-off ones anymore.

OK i thought the two first sentences werent connected, my bad!

Just resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has had any trouble with the add-on?

Reason being, according to my bill, I was online for less than five minutes, yet I somehow managed to use practically all of my allowance in that time. Given that the theoretical max. you can download in 5 minutes on an EDGE network is 112.5Mb, I am intrigued as to how meteor came up with these figures.

I've raised a call with meteor and they are "investigating it".

If you are using the add-on, it might be worth checking your bill.

Yeah, it seems the web site is totally wrong.

My addon kicked in on friday and all i used it for was abit of google maps, the push email and streamed about 10 or 15 mins of a podcast.

When i checked the web this morning, it said i had used 460mb...

I rang them and yer man said i had only used 8mb.

He said to check the "view balance" in the side menu of mymeteor. This said i had 0 allowance and 0 used. Then he said ah it takes a while to update???

He also said sending "balance data" text would give me the correct balance but that still gives me 460 used (-210)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

As far as I was aware there is no accurate way to check your usage at the moment.

It's a bit stupid really but there you go.

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    As far as I was aware there is no accurate way to check your usage at the moment.

It's a bit stupid really but there you go.

So how can they charge you? How do you/they know if you go over your limit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

chrislad wrote: »
    I have an iPhone and believe me, I do use the internet a lot. 250megs is loads. I've used just over 500 since the start of November.

Similar, 667MB in 3.5 months on the iPhone.

I noticed the add-on on their website and called up to get taken off unlimited. I got a letter a week later saying they were automatically moving me from unlimited to 250/month because it better suited my use. I'm not sure if the letter would've come without my call but they redeemed themselves a little. I was also able to move down a tariff so I'll save €30/month now.

Any news on 3G? Last time I asked about it in a shop the girl asked what handset I had and said it was turned on in some parts of Dublin.

I had Vodafone as my carrier earlier today, in Clontarf, my brother has noticed the same when here, both iPhones.

hmmm according to the site and ballance text - i have used 10116 units since friday...

Can't wait for that bill :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

I would assume that most phones would themselves have some method of tracking the amount of data you go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

just wondering is everyone’s balance showing up under Data Add-on like you would think or under 'Meteor Extra Evening & Weekend Minutes Add-On' like mine .. apparently I now have 4,267 with -500,000 remaining :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

alantc wrote: »
    ... I got a letter a week later saying they were automatically moving me from unlimited to 250/month because it better suited my use. I'm not sure if the letter would've come without my call but they redeemed themselves a little.

I called them up today and I'm NOT on the 250/month plan, as the letter told me. Unfortunately I threw it out. Did anyone else get it? Ring them and check. They won't put me on a plan until next month and I've no proof they messed up.

alantc wrote: »
    I called them up today and I'm NOT on the 250/month plan, as the letter told me. Unfortunately I threw it out. Did anyone else get it? Ring them and check. They won't put me on a plan until next month and I've no proof they messed up.

Yeah, I'm still fighting with them over this. I didn't get a letter about it, though.

When I rang yesterday, the numb-nut told me I actually didn't have the €10 plan, despite what my online account told me.

Advertisement