Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Gym Gym

Options
  • 31-01-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

ello!

Question;

What time is the gym open at in the mornings and what time does it close at? Forgot to ask when I joined just there.

Thanks,
    Font22

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snakes

07:00 - 22:00 on weekdays.
    11:00 - 17:00 on weekends, might open at 10:00 on saturday mornings, can't remember for definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ironically, I was just going to ask a question in relation to the Crunch in UCD.

I am nearly certain I'll be in UCD next year, and since my gym is so far out of the way I was really considering joining UCD's gym now.

Is it open to the public, and what is the cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Student price is ~€185 a year, or less at certain times during the year (like freshers week).

It is open to members of the public, but it is more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

I got in for €165 in early September. Its a fantastic price but the facilities arent exactly fantastic. They have a decent amount of cardio equiptment and a good weights room but dont expect any luxuries like pool/jacuzzi/sauna/even nice locker rooms!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

You may pay €165-185 or €225 if public, but don't expect much.

The gym is one of the worst in Dublin and over the years I've seen them all.

Today alone there are at least 10 cv machines with a 'Out of Order' sign that has been on them for some time.
    You may spend hours looking for pins for weights machines as only half of them have them.
    The freeweights are predominantly in lbs. Very 1970's.

The best value in that catchment area is Carlisle near the KCR.
    Around €400 for the year.
    Just don't get shot on the way out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Carlilse is €350 for the year, has a pool, jacuzzi and sauna/steam room (not sure which as I never use it) aswell as all the usual gym equipment, I joined for the pool so I don't know much about it.

I think it's really nice. Very good value, I think you just have to choose the time you'll go carefully, it does get quite busy.

Advertisement