Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made yeast bread

• 31-01-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I made a new year's resolution to stop buying shop bread and make my own. I make lovely white yeast bread in my breadmaker - I just mix and prove it and then take it out, shape it, let it rise a second time and then bake it. I discovered that if i reduce the amount of flour from 500g to 450g per 300ml water I get a better result. The family love it and I haven't thrown out any stale/mouldy bread yet this year!
    I'm just wondering does anyone have any interesting recipes I can try for a bit of variety? I would love to make french baguette bread but it hasnt worked for me - it comes out a bit heavy. Perhaps I need a different flour? Would love some suggestions....

Comments

Advertisement