Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Problem

• 31-01-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I've been trying over the last few days to add people to parties in COD4, and Halo 3 etc, but every time I do it looks like I'm going to join but then the screen goes black and it says : Error: cannot connect to host.

So i can't join parties and people trying to join me get the same message....anyone had the same problem/any ideas how to fix it?

I'm connecting to the interweb through an ethernet cable to a router..if that helps...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Might not be your setup thats wrong, XB Live was running like a half dead dog last night.
    Took me anything between 5 and 10 mins to get into an online game of COD4 and then as you mentioned, the lobby would be closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

I would think that but xbox live was running fine for me...it was just when i invited friends to games or got nvited that i got the error message...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

zuchum wrote: »
    I would think that but xbox live was running fine for me...it was just when i invited friends to games or got nvited that i got the error message...

what are your NAT settings set to?

hanton12 wrote: »
    what are your NAT settings set to?

I have no idea what that means....sorry :( i assume it's soething to do with my router?? I shall check when I get home...if i know how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

go to the system blade on your xbox 360 and then go into network settings and run " test xbox live connection " when it's finished it will display your nat type at the bottom and you want it to say " open " .

if it does not say " open " you willl need to open ports for xbox live on your router , have a look here to find a guide for your router.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

I'd say thats your problem alright. AS said, NAT settings are on the network part of your dashboard. portforwarding is a good website that does most routers. celtcsnipers have a very good step by step instruction too if you are with Eircom.

Thanks for that guys! Got it al up and running,cheers

zach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

hello all, over the past few months i keep getting disconnected from xbox live between 5-10 minutes after i sign on. xbox support told me it's a problem with my service provider and eircom told me to get in touch with xbox so can anybody help please :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Clover wrote: »
    go to the system blade on your xbox 360 and then go into network settings and run " test xbox live connection " when it's finished it will display your nat type at the bottom and you want it to say " open "

Problem in Halo 3 is its retarded and even if system says your nat is open in halo it will say its not open.

If You are using a router do the following.
    1.Manually Set your xbox to static Ip
    2. In your router settings (192.168.2.1 for belkin, dont know any others) add the xbox ip to the DMZ.

Worked for me.

Advertisement