Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliens versus Predator 2

Options
  • 31-01-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Used to play this years ago and loved it,was a great game,even had the expansion pack but I lost it somehow and would love to get it again,anyone know where i could get a copy? tried a few places online but couldn't seem to find much,any i did where at really high prices, If anyone knows where to get this at a good price I'd be greatly appreciated if they could tell me, Thanks!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Agreed, it's a great game!
    Ebay is your best bet, really, there seem to be a few decently priced copies there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

aye, i loved the original and i thought avp2 was one of the few examples of a sequel being better then the original.

multiplayer is fantastic in it too, so much strategies and stuff you could do... predators were a bit over powered for it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Think I might have this at home, with the add-on pack. If I do, I'll give you a shout and you can have it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

aw man,cool! if ya find it give me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

its a fantastic game. i really loved the way it managed to make the different races play so differently.
    really atmospheric too.
    i think i saw it in game or some other shop recently in the re-released budget section (no idea what to call it, you know what i mean)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmmm, looks like I don't have it or just can't find it. My brother probably nicked it. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Loved this game myself,played it for a good year or 2 online,i can still hear pred discs being thrown at me i tell ya lol .
    Dont know if you's have Currys down south (the shop now.. not the spicy dish :p) ,but i still see it in the 10 quid section the odd time im in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Found a good few on Ebay:

http://video-games.search.ebay.com/alien-vs-predator-2_Games_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ62053

Funny I stumbled onto this thread, I've resurrected the game lately and I've been playing it non-stop. I can't remember where I am or where to go in the main game from my current save point, so I threw on the expansion pack and it's great fun. Finished the Predator levels, doing the PredAlien levels now. Being a marine is so damn creepy :eek:

Classic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

all we need now is for someone to do a predator mod using Crysis.

or for avp3 to be based on the crytech engine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Aaron M

Legend game. Scary as hell playing as the marine. Surprised a third game in the franchise was never made/released. The fact that all three 'factions' played so differently (alien/marine/predator) was brilliant and a real incentive to go back and play the game multiple times. Never got the expansion pack though. I never played through much of the original AVP either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I love the alien and predator movies and i loved the first AvP. But AvP2 was too high requirments for my first computer and by the time i upgraded Avp2 was kind of old so i never tried it.

How has it aged in graphics and gameplay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    all we need now is for someone to do a predator mod using Crysis.

I would pay for that. I managed to lose my avp 1 cd as well. This game doesnt seem to be on that cheap re-release 'sold-out' label either for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sent my legendary girlfriend into Game in Dundrum to pick it up for me last week and the geniuses told her that there is no such game and there never was one...Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Playing as the face hugger is still one of my favourite gaming moments. Walking on ceilings and attacking unsuspecting humans FTW...
    Never did get the knack of playing the pred. Think it was the whole false colour thing.
    Marines was fun; just you and the blipping on the motion detector :eek:

Great game....surprised with all the hype with the movie spin-offs that they never rehashed this. My copy is still sitting on a shelf within reach...might load it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Agreed with y'all

This was probably the scariest PC game I played, not to mention one of my all time favourites. It was well directed with a decent script and the music was the icing on the cake. Who can forget the Alien 2 music that comes on when there is something pouncing it's way towards you from the darkness? And the motion detector....I remember having to get my friend to play the first few levels it scared me so much :eek:

Have to admit the Marines playthrough was the best, then pred, then alien. So many good levels, atmosphere and gameplay...

I think I might just root through my wardrobe and install this puppy again...btw there is still an extensive mod community going

EDIT: Surely with the release of AvP2 movie they are going to make another one?!

EDIT: Surely with the release of AvP2 movie they are going to make another one?!

i dont know...the films are set in a very different setting...I wouldnt want to see a game based on the films (though there is one on the psp but its meant to be crap...though its by the same people who did avp1)

The games are much closer to the comic books in plot and setting then any of the other franchise elements.

If they are to do another AVP things I'd like to see:

Predator

-More open levels
    -A honour system that rewards players for skillfully taking down bigger prey with weaker weapons
    -a selection of different unlockable hunter layouts, so you are limited in your weapon choice but each layout gives you different tools, such as a varient on the available staffs and shoulder cannons, different types of discs and the ability to set traps etc.

Marine
    -At least one vehicle section with the apc or dropship
    -siege levels inspired by the aliens sequence and the coop mulitplayer from the original AvP
    -more diverse use of the welder and other marine utilities (esp for siege levels, sealing doors cutting into vents etc)

Alien
    -Larger levels and a gameplay that has the player picking off humans one by one
    -A bigger incoporation of the alien lifecycle...maybe have it instead of playing a solitary alien through the entire game have it that each section there is a number of eggs and if you die you start of as a facehugger again and what you facehug is what varient of alien you become. Throw in the ability for the player to grab humans without killing them and cacoon them as a backup, and have levels where its only one egg but only a small number of enemies and other levels where its an entire Hive under attack.
    -The ability to make your enemies **** themselves with fear if you pull off a perfect ambush
    -acid/webbing related traps.
    -At least one single player level where you go on rampage as a Queen?

On other games in the avp/alien/predator series. There was that strategy game on the ps2 and xbox. That was a really weird choice. From what I remember the resource army layout of it was pretty cool (esp Alien where you drag back your enemies to the hive) but it was a really boring game gameplay/plot/atmosphere wise. Would love to see that element of RTS incoporated into a fps game, squad based with the marines, hive focused with the aliens and has to be solitary but overkitted with cool stuff with the predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Just announced now, and scheduled for late 2008 release? Sounds a bit rushed to me:|

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sweet hope it's good...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If its coop i can imagine that the there will a huge problem willing players to move out of their spawns. This will scare so many people ****less i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

OP I'm pretty sure I saw a copy of this somewhere recently, I'll have a look for it next time I'm game hunting and let you know if I see it again.

Where abouts are you? I'm in Dublin so if you're from nearby or are in the city regularly and I see it I'll put it on reserve so you can pick it up yourself, or if you're down the country I'll just grab it myself and mail it down to you or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If its coop i can imagine that the there will a huge problem willing players to move out of their spawns. This will scare so many people ****less i think

It would be awesome if people sitting in spawn or staying still attracted heavier and heavier Alien swarms as the hive becomes aware of their location. Be absolutely hilarious to see them die under hordes of shrieking, acid bleeding monsters. If the Co-Op play is objective based [ "Get to tha Choppaaaa!" ] then no reason to be sitting still.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

groovy. one of my fav games franchises.

Used to get scared ****eless when playing as a marine and knowing there was a predator around.

They'll make a complete balls of it no doubt. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Is it from the same developers as AvP2?

Looking forward to it regardless, being the marines was always the creepiest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looking at white dots all over your motion detector...'crap!'

Wish I still had this.

I have a copy (AvP2+expansion) somewhere at my parents house,but I won't be visiting them till May.If anyone interested I could dig it up and mail it to the person.
    But you have to promise me you are going to play it with lights turned off and speakers on full blast around midnight :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Gimme! Or to the op.

;)

Is it from the same developers as AvP2?

Looking forward to it regardless, being the marines was always the creepiest.

no its by Gearbox, who did half life opposing fronts and the brothers in arms series.

For those worried about it being rushed, the development started sometime towards the end of 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_Colonial_Marines

As I've promised I'm back from visiting the parents and I found the games.
    Who wants them first (as the OP and someone else was interestedn in this)?
    Then maybe when the person completed the game could mail it to the next lad in line :) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

only if they promise to play the marines section alone in a dark room with the sound up high...

Advertisement