Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invasion of privacy

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I am going to be in the market for a permanent hosting solution within the next month or so - I dont know if I would have stumbled across them otherwise but after reading this thread there is no way in hell I am dealing with them. This is like the skanger concept of customer service 'bleedin slaggin are ya'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

From their T&Cs

Abuse:
    Any attempts to undermine, slander, libel, threaten, or cause harm to a Lets Host server, customer, employee, or the company directly is strictly prohibited and is grounds for immediate termination without refund. In addition, we will pursue all attempts to the fullest extent of the law.

Still, seems like real bully tactics. I know if I was using them, I'd be moving elsewhere tomorrow.

Certainly not a company I'd want to deal with. I did look at a .ie domain, but never got around to getting it.

Very interesting thread.

When was the T&Cs last updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

If they had a molecule of business sense they would come on here and turn this around by apologising to the op in this thread and give them free hosting for the next 5 years.

While they are at it they could make it clear that its not their policy to track down and ring at home (then cut off hosting service of) any customers of theirs who post a negative thought about them on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Are we sure this wasn't just an unfortunate coincidence?

1. OP makes his post
    2. Letshost contact him to get it removed (note: Hosting365 did this to me once too - so it's not just letshost who ring customers asking them to remove negative posts.)
    3. Site goes offline.

Maybe 3 was a **** up? It's unlikely, but it's possible...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Well from what I've read the site had a "site suspended" or similar notice on it for a while, and the DNS record for the site was changed to an invalid IP address 1.1.1.1

I also believe the OP received an email letting them know the suspension was for breaching the T&C's, no **** up there that was deliberate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Correct and right.
    The email is posted at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55023314&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

dublindude wrote: »
    Are we sure this wasn't just an unfortunate coincidence?

1. OP makes his post
    2. Letshost contact him to get it removed (note: Hosting365 did this to me once too - so it's not just letshost who ring customers asking them to remove negative posts.)
    3. Site goes offline.

Maybe 3 was a **** up? It's unlikely, but it's possible...
    see this thread:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055228547

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This really isnt feedback for Boards. The phone number wasnt supplied by us (we dont hold phone numbers on profiles in general, and if we did we certainly wouldnt give it out).

this whole things sounds bananas but, well.... we don't have a Web Hosting forum here for good reasons...

Glad you are back up and running...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement