Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHo is the best tattooist in Zulu tattoo Dublin?

Options
  • 31-01-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I'm going to get tattooed in Zulu next week-who is the best tattooist in Zulu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What type of design did you have in mind?
    You can go in and see works from different artists before you decide on who to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

woozle wrote: »
    I'm going to get tattooed in Zulu next week-who is the best tattooist in Zulu?

You'll need to clarify what sort of tattoo(s) you're going to be getting, as different artists have different strengths and weaknesses as regards what tattoo types they excel at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Imo justin is the best in there. All of them are fairly good but justin is in a league of his own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye Justin is who you want,
    Very hard to get an appointment with though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

really? i'd no problems getting an apptmnt with him.

actually, no, i lie.. i booked about 7 weeks in advance, and then had to get the two other sessions done within the three weeks i was home, so i think i was a bit of a priority booking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    sean is pretty rubbish! well, his head just isn't in it anymore and it's a pity. He's the tall south african chap with the shaved head.he's awful sound I just dont think he gets anything from it anymore and as a result his work is really suffering

i've seen a couple of tattoos he's done for friends, they are good but not astounding, but i think that is more to do with the bad tattoo ideas my friends had. the shading is good, minimal effort but great effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 amistyfog

Well i know this thread is a bit old..
    Got a tat done just the other day on my ribcage by sean(the south african chap), in zulu, he was pretty bang on. Am happy out with the tattoo just to look at it proper without the clingfilm and once its healed proper! Simple script type tattoo. Goddamn does it hurt getting tatooed on your ribcage, well worth it.
    Any other experiences with the quality of his work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jimi Eagle

Nah I gotta say Sean is pretty class, I started getting art from the inlay of the album anti-pop by Primus on my side/ribcage a while back and its pretty spot on.. Takes his time working in the ink, he got the right amount of depth and detail, looks well good and its only half done... Thumbs up all the way man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 YvonneTy

Sean does amazing work. He recently did a floral design going the length of my side and its my favourite thing in the world! He drew it perfectly for me - fits me and my personality totally! And I concur - ribs are hell to get tattooed on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Sean Did a great job on a Tikiman design I got on my arm, Its very unusual and thanks to him it came out even better then I hoped it would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Noxie J

Sean is an amazing artist and a really nice guy. He was very open to my ideas for my tattoo and suggested changes with out being forceful about it. He was chatty and really funny. I love my tattoo and it was the best tattooing experience I've had. :D

The only problem I find with Zulu is all the spectators...I was in there recently to talk about extending a tattoo and there was at least 10 random dudes just standing there staring. None of them spoke, they just gawked. It was really off putting and uncomfortable. Plus some of them were drinking, and as a customer going in to get something done thats permanent, seeing cans and lads drinking doesn't inspire confidence. I'm not saying any of the artists were drinking, but seeing that really put me off and I've since gone elsewhere to get the work I wanted done.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 minxsy

Who is the best Tattooist for a Maori tat, the language, as in a translation.

Went into Zulu and got a sketch/font drawn up, they didnt seem to have any interest, it seemed like they get so much work everyday that its become monotonous and standard....

And it was a small fortune, being a student I want to know I am at least in an interested and enthuasiastic pair of hands ;-)

Have got 4 tats from Neill in Dragon but feel I need a change!

Cheers and all the best,

Minx:D
    Noxie J wrote: »
    Sean is an amazing artist and a really nice guy. He was very open to my ideas for my tattoo and suggested changes with out being forceful about it. He was chatty and really funny. I love my tattoo and it was the best tattooing experience I've had. :D

The only problem I find with Zulu is all the spectators...I was in there recently to talk about extending a tattoo and there was at least 10 random dudes just standing there staring. None of them spoke, they just gawked. It was really off putting and uncomfortable. Plus some of them were drinking, and as a customer going in to get something done thats permanent, seeing cans and lads drinking doesn't inspire confidence. I'm not saying any of the artists were drinking, but seeing that really put me off and I've since gone elsewhere to get the work I wanted done.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

best south african tattooist in dublin is Waltiki in Classic Ink....check him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

dont understand some people slating Sean from Zulu (if he's still there i'm not sure)
    I had one of mine done by him and i'm really pleased with it
    He's not the most friendly of guys but his tattoos are spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

what about that new lad fran, is he any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keegz

I'm shocked by some of the comments on here about Zulu! All bar 2 of mine have been done by Sean over a number of years and I trust him enough to let him free-hand most if not all my tats.

Obviously each Artist's style will vary but I do believe you get more out of the Artist if you allow them their own artist-input (they are afterall the professionals). I suspect that if you go in wanting "I love Mum" you won't receive boundless amounts of enthusiasm (and serves you right frankly) but that's not to say that the Artists won't do a damn good job regardless.

Aside from trusting an Artist, the biggest thing for me is hygiene and Zulu are reknowned for their cleanliness & hygiene - it's cleaner than most GP's surgeries I've been in!

Zulu's people are very welcoming & friendly, all the staff make you feel at ease soon as you walk in, which is what you want when you're nervous (especially first-timers!). Each Artist also has his/her own private room or booth / section so you never have passersby gawping in at you while you're getting work done - plenty of privacy which I like.

I'm in the middle of getting my backpiece done, 95% of it is free-hand and I feel safe & well looked after in Zulu's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

My only experience of Sean was when he used to work in the back of a sex shop in Dublin City he was meant to be doing a cover up for me and we had arranged a date and I came for my appointment and he wasnt there. I was told to come back in half an hour when I came back I was told he wasnt going to be in today as the weather was so nice he went to the beach or something.
    I wasnt very impressed to say the least. :mad:

His work does look very good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keegz

That's Tattoo Artisits for ya, I waited for 4 weeks (& FIVE rescheduled appointments) to get something done by an artist in South Africa I really liked, fact is if you want the artist you'll wait ... I've spent many hours hanging about waiting and coined the phrase "you can't rush art" (or the bloody artist it seems) - on the bright side, the harder you work for summat the more you appreciate it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Keegz wrote: »
    That's Tattoo Artisits for ya, I waited for 4 weeks (& FIVE rescheduled appointments) to get something done by an artist in South Africa I really liked, fact is if you want the artist you'll wait ... I've spent many hours hanging about waiting and coined the phrase "you can't rush art" (or the bloody artist it seems) - on the bright side, the harder you work for summat the more you appreciate it :P

It wouldnt have bothered me so much if I live local enough to the shop but I didnt or if he or his receptionist could have rang me to let me know. I also had to take time off work. If you make an appointment they should be professional enough to keep to it. I have heard tattooists giving out about clients not turning up for appointments so obviously not ok if the shoe is on the other foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Adrenalin

Keegz wrote: »
    I'm shocked by some of the comments on here about Zulu! All bar 2 of mine have been done by Sean over a number of years and I trust him enough to let him free-hand most if not all my tats.

Obviously each Artist's style will vary but I do believe you get more out of the Artist if you allow them their own artist-input (they are afterall the professionals). I suspect that if you go in wanting "I love Mum" you won't receive boundless amounts of enthusiasm (and serves you right frankly) but that's not to say that the Artists won't do a damn good job regardless.

Aside from trusting an Artist, the biggest thing for me is hygiene and Zulu are reknowned for their cleanliness & hygiene - it's cleaner than most GP's surgeries I've been in!

Zulu's people are very welcoming & friendly, all the staff make you feel at ease soon as you walk in, which is what you want when you're nervous (especially first-timers!). Each Artist also has his/her own private room or booth / section so you never have passersby gawping in at you while you're getting work done - plenty of privacy which I like.

I'm in the middle of getting my backpiece done, 95% of it is free-hand and I feel safe & well looked after in Zulu's hands.

Ive gotton 2 pieces done in Zulu tattoo and they have been nothing short of professional, i got one done today by Sean and i am very pleased with it, but what you said about privacy is definitely not correct. Granted i was just getting an arm piece and im sure if you wanted privacy then you could get it, but both times i got worked on there, there was people in and out of the room just chilling and watching the work. It doesn't bother me, in fact i like it because it gives me people to chat with or whatever but it surely isnt private all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gmpd

I know this is an old thread but just got a piece half done by Sean their yesterday and have nothing be high praise for the man!! And a lot of respect for him as he'd busted his hand open the night before moving a picture frame and had to get a couple of stitches in his right hand the one he tattoos with! So he could if easily cancelled my appointment.. He's obviously a lot more professional than when he worked in the back of a sex shop as someone above posted.. Anyway can't wait to go back and get it finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Have to say that I also love Sean. Found him friendly, professional, hygienic, talented and tbh he was just sound and really chilled out, even held the shop open an hour and a half after closing time to do my tatt for me. :)

Advertisement