Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help on ak m87

Options
  • 31-01-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

have an ak 47 spetnaz. gun began to sound heavy when shootin, then it just stopped. now when i pull the trigger i can feel a clicking in the grip. i removed the grip and the small motor is getting power from the main battery but not sure whats going on. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

If the battery is sending power to the motor then it's likely your gears. Lost a tooth on a gear is possible but not likely as the gearbox should still turn over in that case. One of your bushings may have worn out causing a gear to move out of position and jam the gearbox.

Try removing the gearbox from the receiver and look at the bushings to see if anything looks worn. www.mechbox.com has a takedown guide for Marui type AK's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

mackey087 wrote: »
    have an ak 47 spetnaz. gun began to sound heavy when shootin, then it just stopped. now when i pull the trigger i can feel a clicking in the grip. i removed the grip and the small motor is getting power from the main battery but not sure whats going on. any ideas?

Before you strip it down, try another battery - Your battery could be kaput.

I had a similar occurance recently. Its possible the battery has enough power to turn the motor when its not connected to the gears, but once you connect it, it just moves, making the clicking noise, but doesn't have the strength to turn the gear and pull back the piston.

Have you another battery you can try ?

This of course assumes you've recharged the original battery :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

as shiva said and if that dont work, remove the motor and turn the gear with a small flat head screwdriver, its probably locked up with the piston back putting a lot of pressure on the anti reversal latch.,.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

cheers for that mechbox site. stripped down the gear box. nothing loose, missing or otherwise. piston and spring okay. took a long time to set the cogs and anti slip into place. got it back together and the click/movement is still in the motor area.
    decided to try it again and the spring for the trigger popped off. nearly 2 hours trying to put it back on. now to make it worse one of the connectors on the motor broke off. if i hold the connector to the motor and pull trigger it feels like it did before, also you can see the spark from the small see through box above the trigger. when i take the motor away from the gear box and touch connectors and pull trigger the motor spins no problem. its definetly one of the 3 wheels but im stuck trying to find out which and why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

have you tried a different battery as Shiva suggested above?

• Advertisement
Advertisement