Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defoe off to Portsmouth?

Options
  • 31-01-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Spurs and Portsmouth have agreed a fee for him..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

medical done, personal terms agreed to, just waiting for the benjani deal to go through.

Gardner gone to everton for the rest of the season on loan. soit wont be long until they tumble down the league...

stalteri joins fulham on loan. so not long before they tumble even further down the league.

gilberto joins, along with chris gunter and woodgate

looks like we have finally started to get rid of the dross and bring in some quality. now, if we can just get carrick back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have to say that I'm happy with this window. Apart from Chelsea we've spent the most, and all of it on the defence. With the exception of Gilberto, whom I know nothing about, the others seem like they can do a good job for us. I hope Gilberto is good - he's 31, and is well experienced, so is hopefully a better option than Lee. If we can get Bale back quickly we'll have a pretty decent left side, and a pretty decent right side too.

Woodgate looks the business, so onwards and upwards!! I am a little disappointed by Defoe going. While I don't rate him as highly as Keane/Berbatov, he's scored some great/important goals for us over the last few years. I wish him well, and I hope that the regular first team football he craves leads to him getting back into the England fold.

I wonder what our summer is going to be like! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

Cant hold it against defoe...he needs 1st team football....ill still sing hes a yiddooo

gilberto - good signing, woody - as i said before stays fit be cracking for us, and Hutton - the white cafu!

Good transfer window - roll on revenge saturday!

Advertisement