Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car rental - Minimum time license held

Options
  • 31-01-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with this ?

Budget say you need to have held your full license for two years ?

Do they enforce this
    What car rental companies dont have this requirment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

I think every car rental place will require you to have your full licence, though some might only require you to have it for a year. OTOH, some won't rent to people below the age 25, regardless of experience. And yeah, far as I know they enforce it. They certainly ask to see your licence, so I wouldn't imagine it'd slip by them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Well the full license thing is obvious..

But if you only have a full license say for 6 months or 1 year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hertz rented to me with my licence held for only 1 year. I was 23 at the time. That was in Switzerland, I don't know if their policy varies from country to country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I don't think they ever check. I've never been pulled up on it anyway. I use Enterprise.

Advertisement