Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AK Stock

Options
  • 31-01-2008 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

does anyone have an idea if this would fit a CYMA AK 47?
    its the one with the folding stock but i wouldnt mind a side folder and/or metal receiver.
    its for a dboys rk series but i cant find any info as to what the fit would be like or if they are indeed compatible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Is this a riddle? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

He means one of these but hes a bit of an e-tard:)

He has the Cyma ak47 028 but one of the bars on the fold around stock has snapped and cant seem to find a replacment on the net. So hes looking for either some way of getting a different stock onto it. Or maybe getting a dargunov stock and using that if it would work?

Exact same thing happened to the folding stock on my AK-47. I just snapped the other leg of the stock off and use it stockless now.

In answer to the question though, yes that will fit his AEG but if his in an AK-47 I think he'll need to get an AK-74 pistol grip because that's a 74 body and where the pistol grip fits on is slightly different to the way it would be on an AK-47.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

An AK74 skeleton side folding stock will not fit on any receiver except the origional 74 side folding type. In other words it won't fit on an AK47 fixed stock receiver, AK47 underfolder receiver or an AK74 fixed stock receiver. An AK47 under folder receiver can only take underfolding stocks or Jing Gongs SVD stock.

You can install an eastern Europe wire side folder (Romanian AIMS stock) on an AK47/74 fixed stock reciever with no modification. There are also a few western style folders for the fixed stock receiver.

This won't work with any AK47

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40_88_130&products_id=729&osCsid=5bd30205d5314f26fe492fecb2c21b4b

These will

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40_88_130&products_id=497&osCsid=5bd30205d5314f26fe492fecb2c21b4b

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40_88_130&products_id=863&osCsid=5bd30205d5314f26fe492fecb2c21b4b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Ak parts generally break down into to types you have the TM based/compatible design and the VFC based/compatible design.

Cyma clones are base don the tm design where as the dboys/kalash is based on the vfc design, parts like the body's/front ends are not interchangeable, i've swapped ak47 and ak74 body's over that is not an issue as the difference between the types like that is cosmetic.

From experience the Romanian folding stock is design to fit onto the solid stock body, but modification is needed.

Yeah you're quite right Fiach, mind you the piece linked looked like it included an AK-74 receiver too, in which case it should fit, to fit any of the other side folding stocks he'd need to get a new receiver anyway as the CYMA AK-47 folding stock receiver doesn't have the stock attachments to fit the stocks to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

piece linked looked like it included an AK-74 receiver too, in which case it should fit,

You could probably get it to fit but that receiver is not designed to go onto a cyma, there cloned from to different designs.

Yep, as has been said the VFC and it's clones (Dboy's) type AK is held together with pins like a real AK. The Marui type and it's clones are held with screws, totally incompatable. Inokatsu/Guarder/Unicorn receivers are also incompatable with Marui and VFC type as they are held together with grub screws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

sound for all the advice, looks like a dragonov stock for me then so, any ideas as where to get a wooden one? though i saw one before on RSOV but can seem to find it now.
    which type of wood would be the best if i was goin to do one up myself, pine obviously being too soft.

• Advertisement

I'd say go with whatever wood you find most handy to work with. AK furniture is made from a laminated Ply but your AEG won't have to withstand any heat from firing so the wood type isn't too important, with the right woodstain you should be able to make it look the part. Unicorn for example made their foregrips out of Oak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

nice one but i dont think ill be using oak.
    what way does the folding stock come off, im having trouble getting it off from the left hand side, where the stock release button is.
    i know that its screwed in from inside it but how exactly do i go about geting at that?

Unfortunatly I don't own any underfolder AK's, just fixed stock and side folders, so I've never had to do a takedown of them. If the side you are having trouble with is indeed bolted from the inside I'd say you'll need to remove the mechbox to get free access to the receiver interior.

I'm trying to find a takedown guide for you but no luck so far.

Few pics on here, dunno if there any use to you though -
    http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/cqrt/manuals/tm%20ak47-ak47s/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

kinkstr wrote: »
    Few pics on here, dunno if there any use to you though -
    http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/cqrt/manuals/tm%20ak47-ak47s/

Mmm Nice pics.

~B

Yea very handy site there, think tony mjc posted it in a thread a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

kinkstr wrote: »
    He means one of these but hes a bit of an e-tard:)

laughs out loud

Advertisement