Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What marathons, triathalons etc. are in the country?

• 31-01-2008 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi lads
    I was just wondering what marathons, cyclathons (probably not a real word) or triathalons are on around the country this year? I've googled it but can't find much at all on it.

I'm looking to enter a few so it will give me a reason to get fit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

moved to marathons/ triathlons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

linky

come on 500th post..........not long now.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

this seems as good a place as any but ..
    Was going to suggest a similar sticky to the Marathon Review ... along the lines of

Triathlon Review
    - sprint
    - olympic
    - half and full IM

The input to the marathon review is really good - any similar inputs for triathlons in Ireland or elsewhere would be of personal interest but just an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I did the Athlone one (Tri-Athlone, clever eh!) last summer thought it was a great experience, such a satisfying feeling when you cross that line. It was my first one, and wasn't too difficult for someone with not too much experience, so I'd definatly recommend it. 200m swim (there's a 600m one too), 20k cycle, 5k run. Keep an eye out for it this July
    www.triathlone.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Emmmmmm - the triathlon scene in ireland is very small and your unlikely to get people who can actually do valid reviews of races to out their opinions in writing and post on a public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

thanks for all the replies lads. didnt know that there was a marathon forum lol! thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

tunney wrote: »
    Emmmmmm - the triathlon scene in ireland is very small and your unlikely to get people who can actually do valid reviews of races to out their opinions in writing and post on a public forum.

A fair and valid point.
    On a totally selfish note could we then limit one to a review / experience of full IronMan distance events since there are none here (unless theres one in the West this year).

I can repost as a general question / new thread if necessary since Im hijacking someone elses thread here but it would be useful for people considering a trip in the future to pick one based on experiences by others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

+1 to Tunneys comments about the Irish Triathlon scene. I'll certainly offer advice on which races are beginner friendly, give course information etc but my opinion is likely to be very different to someone else's. For example one of my favourite races last year was Blackrock. It's a small race that hardly registers on the national scene but it was just a great day out and I really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

tunney wrote: »

Nah, there is loads of triathletes in the country, and i would certainly review my races for anyone. 1000 ppl racing in Athlone, hardly what i call "very small". Athy too has a huge number of ppl racing. Dublin City another big one. Its a big scene, and its getting bigger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement