Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug and Play TV games console

Options
  • 31-01-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Does anyone know where I can get one online? It's the console that has anywhere between 30-50 retro games (ie; original super mario brothers, pac-man) programmed into. I was able to buy one years ago from a shopping channel like QVC, but all my googling today has been to no avail.

Any point in the right direction will be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There are a whole bunch of dodgy tv games consoles, containing a NES on a chip and with a load of games loaded.
    Unfortunately they are typically tat made on china, with names like Superjoy etc.
    Also the 50 games can often be 8/9 games hacked so the repeat versions of themselves starting on different levels, or with palette changes.
    They are never marketed by Nintendo either, as they are simply chinese ripoffs.

They are to be found in pound shops and in smaller toy shops, sometimes seen at the Sunday markets, check Balbriggan market and Fairyhouse.

Some now come with one controller, some with two, I've seen editions with a light gun attached and more recently one with a steering wheel on it, I think that one may have been in Argos actually.

Advertisement