Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello question about turtles

Options
  • 31-01-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Does anyone know any breeders or websites you can buy turtles off? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope - but what kind of turtles are you after?? You have done some research I hope?? Red eared sliders & yellow bellies get BIG - the size of a dinner plate - can you cope with animals this size? They will need a huge tank & do smell - I have 9 assorted turtles that got too big for people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 iano1

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Nope - but what kind of turtles are you after?? You have done some research I hope?? Red eared sliders & yellow bellies get BIG - the size of a dinner plate - can you cope with animals this size? They will need a huge tank & do smell - I have 9 assorted turtles that got too big for people.

yes i already have 2 yellow belly's but I'm looking for something more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

i recomend you look at the musk and mud turtles

and i recomend them to anyone else looking for turtles as they stay alot smaller than other turtles and are easily managable in a fish tank,,,

but atleast a 180ltr fish tank
    • Razor-backed Musk ( Sternotherus carinatus ) - 3 - 6.3 inches
    • Flattened Musk ( Sternotherus depressus) 3 - 4.5 inches
    • Loggerhead Musk ( Sternotherus minor ) - 3 - 5.3 inches

just 3 types to keep you thinking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Dunno where abouts you are, but Reptile Haven have some razorback musks in at the moment.

Advertisement