Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Key Ports - MSN & Utorrent

• 31-01-2008 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Something is messed up with the ports on my windows XP.

I have switched off the Windows Firewall Service and disabled it in the administrative tools.

I cannot log into msn or download from utorrent.

Can anyone suggest anything to help please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

What antivirus are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

None at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You manually set the ports for utorrent yourself. I would reccomend dumping it and using the more user friendly azerues vuze. It has some great free LEGAL content on it too. As thats what i guess yours using a torrent client for ....right..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Anti wrote: »
    You manually set the ports for utorrent yourself. I would reccomend dumping it and using the more user friendly azerues vuze. It has some great free LEGAL content on it too. As thats what i guess yours using a torrent client for ....right..

Unless they changed it, Azureus is a resourse hog, use to use it, but dumped it for uTorrent. Azureus was not that much user friendier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I find it is. install and off you go. It will find its self a open port to go through. Yeah its a bit of a system hog compared to utorrent. But if he has anyway of a decent pc he wont notice any difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement