Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve Earle and Pro Tools

Options
  • 31-01-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Some of you will know of Steve Earle, he's an alt-folk/country singer songwriter who spent most of his early years in Texas. Anyways, hes had a string of (what I consider) excellent albums, all very analogue, all very Nashville. Having recently moved to New York, he demo'd and did a lot pf preparatory work with an M Box and Pro Tools LE in his apartment.

Some of the tracks made it to the final version of the new album "Washington Square Serenade". I think he finished the recording in Electric Ladlyland Studios, so I'm not sure what the final ratio of digital to analogue is. But its quite interesting to hear someone like that talk about looping and synth grooves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I have 2 words "GALWAY GIRL" !!!

However all that Copperhead Road stuff sounded monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I have 2 words "GALWAY GIRL" !!!

However all that Copperhead Road stuff sounded monster!

Yeah his Nashville stuff on Guitar Town etc was amazing. Great musician.

Advertisement