Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How are peoples mocks ??

• 31-01-2008 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Mine started on wednesday and have had french,cspe,english p1 and business p1 done so far ...

How have other peoples been ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

mine dont start until the 18th of feb:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 irishcouser07

ciano1 wrote: »
    mine dont start until the 18th of feb:p:p

Ha lucky c*nt ! !

Maths is rock hard,paper 1 anywayz:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 muldoon-boi

Hey, i am reallly reallllly stressed about my Junior Cert.. english which is starting tuesday the 5th! :( by any chance could ANYONE give me some or all of the essay titles PLEASE PLEASE!! :( i was told by my teacher that if i dont get above a C- in the mocks i cant sit higher level, but i really need it for the course that i want to do in college...please guys i need some help! :confused:

Please please...

o..p.s my school uses DEB mock papers..i dnt care if u have titles for any other company...i still want them...i want to pratice....

Please guys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 danielleia

mine dont start till the 18th either bt its still like waaayyy too early!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Do not get stressed about the mocks. They are the biggest load of crap ever. They are hard and will be marked hard. Just screw them really to be honest lol!

I got a D in the mock in English. Got an A i nthe real exam!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

if you learn one good really good essay you could manipulate the titles and use that one. eg write a composition including the line"it had been a lot of hard work and had taken ages but in the end it was worth the effort" 2006 h/l. you could include this line any essay

You'd want to be quite bad at english to have to go learning essays off.

The idea is that you are creative with it.....thats what the marks are going for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bronagh McA

Hey, i am reallly reallllly stressed about my Junior Cert.. english which is starting tuesday the 5th! :( by any chance could ANYONE give me some or all of the essay titles PLEASE PLEASE!! :( i was told by my teacher that if i dont get above a C- in the mocks i cant sit higher level, but i really need it for the course that i want to do in college...please guys i need some help! :confused:

Please please...

o..p.s my school uses DEB mock papers..i dnt care if u have titles for any other company...i still want them...i want to pratice....

Please guys...
    i'll give you 1 or 2 cos i found them sh1t hard. one is a blind date and one is "the worst thing was that i couldn't confide in anyone" good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bronagh McA

has anyone done irish paper 2 yet??? i have it tomorrow and i'm screwed i don't know he novel or poems please help:D:D:D:):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

TBH I have a very good essay that I did during the year and got 95 in so if a title would be satisfied with that essay then I'd use it no doubt...but when I see the titles one or two will always stand out ie. that I would have a good idea for something to write on them...so dont go learning them off! just use bits and pieces from various other essays that I did over the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

has anyone done irish paper 2 yet??? i have it tomorrow and i'm screwed i don't know he novel or poems please help:D:D:D:):o

Thats why im happi i went to a gaelscoil in primary school:D:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

I had Irish Paper 2 already. I don't know what company exam papers we have, all it says on them is S.37, but for the novel I answered on Grá and for the poem An Oige (Subh Milis) or I could have answered on An Dúlra (An tOzón)

The ones that say S37 are the Exam craft ones i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maedhbhykins

mine start after mid-term but i had french and irish aurals today. french was a piece of piss but irish was really hard. ;[

The ones that say S37 are the Exam craft ones i think...

Yea mine said s37 too.I have my last two exams tomorow with English Paper2 and Geography.

Man i need to learn my poems,Novel and goddamn Romeo and Juliet !

Geog piss easy though

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

Done everything except Business Paper 2. Geography French and English,in my opinion were very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 alanobroin

don't stress the mocks, the reason we have them is to make mistakes and learn from them for the real exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 matildafitz

We finished up our mocks yesterday, there were ok. Wasn't able to do alot of it because we haven't our course finished and "study" didn't go that well! We're doing our pre-music practicals tomorrow, I'd say that will be the worst thing we have to do yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭nannou4

mocks were a piece of pi$s
    well i think
    61 was my lowest and ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SublimeDivine

In my mocks i got
    2 A's
    5 B's
    and 2 D's

90% in honors maths was my best and 54% in English and French was my worst.

Weren't too hard IMO seeing as i didn't do much study.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

The mocks were easy. I did absolutely no studying and got decent results.

The mocks were easy. I did absolutely no studying and got decent results.

Lucky you

I did no study and got like 5 d's (but all dem were like 54% in that area so pretty much a C)

Few c's and b's and an A in CSPE :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lorthas

For my mocks i got
    2 A's
    5 B's
    2 C's
    1 D

But it is only the mocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭nannou4

bcheh its only the junior cert too

what the hell is the junior cert?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It's an exam you sit in June, hence the name "Juniour" Cert.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ClaireTheGreat

Ummm the mocks were okay I suppose....
    Didn't do as well as i had hoped to but did pretty ok...
    5 A's
    5 B's

But my b's were all like 84s....which really annoyed me....

Is it true that you are supposed to go up by at least 10% in the real thing?
    :rolleyes:

Hope so.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

I got 4 a's, 3 b's, 1 c, 2 d's, 1 e

the e was 39% though :(

Is it true that you are supposed to go up by at least 10% in the real thing?

Probably yes, pres are generally hard and poorly marked too.

Advertisement