Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net problems

Options
  • 31-01-2008 9:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭

Okay heres the jist of it. I live near waterford and have been with 2 providers - digiweb and currently irish broadband ( both 3mb adsl ) . Both have been terrible for gaming with massive ping spikes constantly. When it works fine i get 30-40 ping on uk servers , when its bad ( 90 percent of time ) its 2-300 spiking constantly , doesnt stay at same ping for more than 2 seconds. Any idea what the problem could be , ive rung irishbb up and theyve been completly unhelpful , saying it must be a problem with my computer :/ ive scanned for virus / spyware etc alls fine. They even asked me how much ram i had , when i said 2gig they asked if id thought of upgrading hahaha. Using netgear dm111p modem. What would be the best company to swap to that has stable pings and low contention.

Advertisement