Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Studying for Accounting.

• 31-01-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to study for accounting at H.L? I've been trying alot of exam questions but I find it hard to learn the layouts for all the different types of accounts.I always forget the headings and what notes have to be done aswell as where to find the figures! Help?:confused: Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

There is no way of getting out of learning the layouts - you must just keep practising.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 katiewobbles

I think just practice practice practice is the key in accounting. I was really stupid taking up accounting for lc without doing business for the junior because i didn't know if i was suited to it or not. i'm not awful but i'm definately at a disadvantage and i find that the repetition of practicing helps me remember what to do. there are certain topics that i just have to learn the headings on their own (published, cash flow etc)...
    I also eliminaed certain topics from study that i knew i wuldn't have to do (budgeting and whatever) then i minimalise the space accounting takes up in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

The best advice is to practice, practice, practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

well, i think learn off the layout is really useful ,
    for Qs like club a/c , dep a/c , revaluation a/c etc..(based on wot i ve done so far n 5th yr )
    and do the questions ....
    make notes of da places you went wrong, and KEEP IT n look over them
    coz u prob would make the same mistakes again..

and..just be careful with 0s dun add or drop 0s :p
    0 is one of the biggest killer....

timing..Time urself..

and learn the theory!!

good luck =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Aw thanks everybody! I think I'm staying away from question one...my teacher tells everybody to! I hate learning things off especially stuff I don't really understand...I like understanding stuff and being able to use it on the day.So I'm gonna learn off these layouts!
    Thanks again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Repetition is the key to accounting

Advertisement