Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband advice need.

Options
  • 31-01-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Need abit of advice, my girlfriend is moving to Dublin next week for 7 weeks and she will need BB access(currently none in the house she will be living) after those 7 weeks she will be living in Shannon for a min of 3 months what would be the best option for her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cable, DSL and fixed wireless are all out anyway as she'll be moving and these normally have a 12 month minimum. Even the semi-portable Ripwave and Clearwire would also be out, as Shannon doesn't have either of these.

I think the only option for her to stay online is going to be 3G. Vodafone or O2 I'd recommend for that. Avoid 3 unless she's bald, or doesn't mind loosing all her hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Vodafone seems to be alot cheaper specially the modem, good reports from the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Vodafone seems to be alot cheaper specially the modem, good reports from the service?

Define good ;). I have had both and they are better than dialup but aren't close to Dsl cable or fixed wireless in quality. They are generally only worth it if you need mobility but in this case I think its your gfs only option. I would personally go with O2 over vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

my girlfriend is on the o2 bb network in dublin and it works perfectly, never had a problem in the past 4-5 months, download a movie just as fast as cable bb. there is a 10gig limit as far as im aware though so you wont be doing much downloading !!

living in the stoneybatter area

Advertisement