Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Dublin forum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

ha not in my county

Kildare Forum ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Leixlip is bad enough without lumping it into Dublin.....that would be like throwing a rotten apple into a vat of urine........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Mairt wrote: »
    I don't work there, but I worked on the door of (first) The Ryevale Tavern/Rock-a-fella's, Ozone, Sammy's (chipper) & Highway 66.

Why would a chipper need a doorman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Miss Fluff wrote: »

You're not from there are ya?? :D

As for the poster who said every area has it's thuggery, yes it does. And Leixlip is no worse in fairness. Even though i was sickened when they brok the crib on main street at christmas.
    ven0m wrote: »
    No because some c**t will want a Confey forum ...... just like years ago .. one town til some c**k for his own ways & means set about ensuring the town was split in two, two G.A.A. clubs, two rugby clubs, 2 sets of community games and so on and so forth yada yada yada .......

:::: ven0mous ::::

Was it not always 2 parishes? Which was when the Confey/Leixlip divide happened. As far as i know, cos I'm oly a blow in....living there 21 years now!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Damn right, most violent place I've ever worked.

Beirut was a close second.

In fairness thats during the weekend with the underage drinkers go bonkers. There is no were else local for them to go. This includes Lucan, Celbridge and other close places
    bubonicus wrote: »
    Agree on the violent part, I lived there for a good few years, and the amount of street fights outside Sammy's on a Friday/Saturday night was mad.

only ever ended up in 1 huge fight on the main street with about 10-15 lads on each side battering each other up and down the road.

see above
    Holsten wrote: »
    They have a subway... I guess thats a plus.. other than that..... ewwww.

Its just the smell of poo
    Noopti wrote: »

Oh yeah, and it is not as bad as Lucan......... ;)

I'm orignally from Lucan so I take offence to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When I worked there part of the problem was that the garda station closed at 11pm, is that still the case?.

Underage drinking, TBH it only ever caused me a problem during the summer months when Paddy Hannigan would have the teenage disco on Wednesday nights -- GUYS THAT WAS MANIC!.. I have never in my life seen anything like the goings on as I seen there, absolutely crazy & disgraceful.

Leixlip, like all these towns is very clanish. For example the 'Hilliers' and the Far-enders' rivellary, or when I was there we'd a lot of northern Irish builders who were employed building IBM and Liffey Valley S.C... Now they weren't exactly made welcome.

I was there was the 'Blue Banana' in Clondalkin got closed down one Christmas and the punters came out to Leixlip for a club - SWEET JESUS were they in for a welcoming committee!.

But for all that I think Leixlip is a lovely place.

Oh, a close third (after beiruts second place) is Swords.

kearnsr wrote: »
    I'm orignally from Lucan so I take offence to that!

Sorry, but that is my opinion. Celbridge is even worse again though.....so

*leaves before causing more local tension*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Noopti wrote: »
    Oh yeah, and it is not as bad as Lucan......... ;)

Only real bad part of Lucan is **ermmmmm** the Clondalkin/Neilstown end!.

Lucan 'proper' is grand.

Ah yeah, I like the village of Lucan and most of the general populace. But it sure has it's fair share of cream crackers skulking around the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Only real bad part of Lucan is **ermmmmm** the Clondalkin/Neilstown end!.

Lucan 'proper' is grand.

Most of old Lucan is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

In fairness thats during the weekend with the underage drinkers go bonkers. There is no were else local for them to go. This includes Lucan, Celbridge and other close places

see above

I'm sorry, but they where far from underage drinkers in the fights i saw.

don't get me wrong, I like Leixlip for a lot of reasons and I still work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Aye, it's new Lucan you gotta watch out for... full of scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Think you mean the village because Neilstown never mind the rest of Clondalkin comes near to Lucan boundary wise.

At the weekends Lexlip is definitely one of the most violent towns I know! Just sheer craziness though that all changed at 2.20am in Supermacs, Eyre Square, Galway. That was just sheer carnage on so many levels! It went from being empty in 1 min to being full in the space of 2mins top. People sleeping on the floor, asian bloke with his trousers ripped off, 4 seperate people all bleeding for no apparent reason, girls crying, blokes hugging, chips being lobbed around all the while some bloke sat at the table next to us sang a ballad that no-one paid attention to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I lived there, went to that school. Had much lulz about the "bomb scare", more lulz that the little knacks were expelled.

Leon11 wrote: »
    Think you mean the village because Neilstown never mind the rest of Clondalkin comes near to Lucan boundary wise.

At the weekends Lexlip is definitely one of the most violent towns I know! Just sheer craziness though that all changed at 2.20am in Supermacs, Eyre Square, Galway. That was just sheer carnage on so many levels! It went from being empty in 1 min to being full in the space of 2mins top. People sleeping on the floor, asian bloke with his trousers ripped off, 4 seperate people all bleeding for no apparent reason, girls crying, blokes hugging, chips being lobbed around all the while some bloke sat at the table next to us sang a ballad that no-one paid attention to!

I'm a reformed Leixlipian, I drank in Maynooth. It was grand. :)
    If you haven't the sense to avoid large groups of people where the wimmen are wearing white stillettos....what do you expect.

Also a Maynooth drinker. Have been Courtyard and the 2 GAAs, think that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I'm also a Maynooth drinker! I prefer to have a glass in my hand rather than my face...

To be honest I feel more at home in Maynooth, for the past 4 years I was in college and literally only went back to Leixlip to sleep.

Leixlip isn't half as bad as Lucan though!!! Or Celbridge... seriously, how many knackers can fit on one street!!!!

I remember being dragged to the Setanta House in Celbridge one night. Holy Jaysus!

I couldn't believe what I saw. 17 year olds in tracksuits, runners and hoodies (with the hoods up) hanging around the bar in the "club". It was crazy.

I didn't stay long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Have lived in Maynooth for the past 4 years and anytime I've been out in Celbridge, Leixlip or Lucan I've never seen much hassle....have to say I think Maynooth is a "nicer" place to live though. In general the knacks keep to the LA so happy days. Though I hear that's closing down now so the other pubs might be knack central soon enough. But I don't see the big deal with Leixlip being rough, I've seen a lot worse behaviour in country towns. Has anyone ever been out in Abbeyleix on a Saturday night??? :confused:

• Advertisement

lets just agree that every small town in the country is a **** hole

I disagree, <3 for Fethard. hah!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

I love leixlip, i love it's interesting geography, i feel at one with nature when i catch a whiff of the glorious rye. I love reading back issues of the old leixlip paper from the 70's and looking at pictures of the hill in the old days, I love the way it was featured in TIME magazine and all they talked about was teenagers sitting on walls. I even love that weird house beside Wok In.

Long Live Leixlip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I'm from this shite hole aswell. Go me.

echter wrote: »
    I love leixlip, i love it's interesting geography, i feel at one with nature when i catch a whiff of the glorious rye. I love reading back issues of the old leixlip paper from the 70's and looking at pictures of the hill in the old days, I love the way it was featured in TIME magazine and all they talked about was teenagers sitting on walls. I even love that weird house beside Wok In.

Long Live Leixlip!

There is a really magic place in leixlip, its under a bridge on a by road just past Intel, as your leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I'm the only impressive person from Leixlip on boards.ie

for saying that you fail, and you better be a hiller, or else

echter wrote: »

Long Live Leixlip!

obviously a Lexlipian on drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

gatecrash wrote: »
    You're not from there are ya?? :D

As for the poster who said every area has it's thuggery, yes it does. And Leixlip is no worse in fairness. Even though i was sickened when they brok the crib on main street at christmas.
    You didn't see that coming?

Was it not always 2 parishes? Which was when the Confey/Leixlip divide happened. As far as i know, cos I'm oly a blow in....living there 21 years now!!:D
    CoNfey, like Kellystown, Cooldrignagh, Easton (to the West), Weston (to the South East) et al are townlands that form Leixlip.
    Confey was made a parish in 1981 because of the increase in population and the fact that the church up the far end couldn't accomodate the extra people.

Miss Fluff wrote: »

Ahh, the innocence.
    Seriously, avoid leixlip at weekends between midnight and 6am.

Mairt, there is a new cop station being built and a new Garda district being created to encompass Leixlip, Maynooth, Celbridge and Kilcock.
    They have yet to decide which station will be open 24 hours.
    I'm hoping for Leixlip. Shorter journey home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Confey was made a parish in 1981 because of the increase in population and the fact that the church up the far end couldn't accomodate the extra people.

but the name confey goes back further, doesnt it? like the old confey cemetary and ... dammit, i can't remember now, but im pretty sure that we were shown places/pictures involving confey and zillions of years ago in primary at some point.

also... hillers ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

Moonbaby wrote: »
    There is a really magic place in leixlip, its under a bridge on a by road just past Intel, as your leaving.

and entering celbridge!!!! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement