Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

echter wrote: »
    I love leixlip, i love it's interesting geography, i feel at one with nature when i catch a whiff of the glorious rye. I love reading back issues of the old leixlip paper from the 70's and looking at pictures of the hill in the old days, I love the way it was featured in TIME magazine and all they talked about was teenagers sitting on walls. I even love that weird house beside Wok In.
    Long Live Leixlip!

Seriously who lives there?? They should be honoured..

Who started that big riot that time anyway? like when a group of lucan ppl came and started trashing everything.. i almost got a baseball bat to the head...and i was was only a kid!:eek:

Leixlip was in Time magazine???

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

mattfender wrote: »

yeah, but only because of Intel, they wrote about the town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I love leixlip, i love it's interesting geography, i feel at one with nature when i catch a whiff of the glorious rye. I love reading back issues of the old leixlip paper from the 70's and looking at pictures of the hill in the old days, I love the way it was featured in TIME magazine and all they talked about was teenagers sitting on walls. I even love that weird house beside Wok In.

Long Live Leixlip!

Damn... the Wok Inn. How I miss those chicken balls. Agreed, the geography is Leixlip is fairly cool - shame about the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Here_Young_Wan

Not from Leixlip but am a very "dear" :p neighbour in Lucan. Spend most weekends there though, the notrious Ho-zone, not cos I actually like it or anything just because its pure handy. I dunno how many times Ive sworn I'd never ever go again and every weekend I am there!
    But anyways, apart from the whole Lucan/Leixlip rivalry crap which I swear must date back to famine times I actually think its an ok place (when ya get use to the smell) people go on about it being violent but its nothing compared to town at night during the weekends and as much as it pains me to admit it and it really, really does the Leixlip folk are an alright bunch really....most of em anyway.

But yeah....Hiller, Hiller..Sc..well yous'e know the rest :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Illkillya wrote: »
    Damn... the Wok Inn. How I miss those chicken balls.

Those chicken balls sure are brilliant. Nothing like a 4in1 dish at random moments. Chips, Fried Rice, Chicken balls and Satay sauce. I'm hungry now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

mattfender wrote: »
    Seriously who lives there?? They should be honoured..

Who started that big riot that time anyway? like when a group of lucan ppl came and started trashing everything.. i almost got a baseball bat to the head...and i was was only a kid!:eek:

There was a riot?
    I must have missed that one.
    I was involved in a few gang fights over the years (late 80's / early 90's), but I don't remember a riot.
    A lot of my friends were bottled after leaving the hitcher one night by the far enders.
    We see them in the pub these days and sit down and have a drink with them. We just put all the fights down to teenage stupidity.
    There are a few who are in their late 30's and still look for fights, but they are few and far between and are generally laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

But yeah....Hiller, Hiller..Sc..well yous'e know the rest :p
    Hiller hiller scum scum, take it up the bum bum, celbo number one one!!!!!!!!

shblob wrote: »
    Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

speaking of leixlip actually... was on the phone to the family just there, and told me dr. crowley'd died! :eek: :(

Yep.
    I was over with him last Friday.
    I got my prescription, he asked how things were going with my court case (always very personable), asked me to come back and tell him how things went.
    He had a brain haemmorage that night.

He gave my friend an injection that day.
    I'm convinced the sight of my friend's arse killed him.

All joking aside, Dr. Pill will be greatly missed.

• Advertisement

it's weird... he's always been there as far as im concerned. and he's the only person to successfully give my sister a bloodtest!

a nice guy, big loss to the community :(

and entering celbridge!!!! :rolleyes:

Eh no. Leaving Leixlip past Intel towards Maynooth. Its not very far up the road.
    Under the bridge, there is a stream surounded by tall trees. Very preety.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Eh no. Leaving Leixlip past Intel towards Maynooth. Its not very far up the road.
    Under the bridge, there is a stream surounded by tall trees. Very preety.

I think I know the place you're talking about, it's just part of the rye. My dad used to fish there all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Mairt wrote: »
    Only real bad part of Lucan is **ermmmmm** the Clondalkin/Neilstown end!.

Lucan 'proper' is grand.

I live down that end and I find it grand. You are referring to the Ballyowen part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Here_Young_Wan

shblob wrote: »
    Ah now, lets not get carried away :D
    Jakkass wrote: »
    I live down that end and I find it grand. You are referring to the Ballyowen part?
    I live around there, the old part not the new part. Use to have a bad name and fair enough it nots exactly posh but its quiet enough these days.

Terry wrote: »
    Yep.
    I was over with him last Friday.
    I got my prescription, he asked how things were going with my court case (always very personable), asked me to come back and tell him how things went.
    He had a brain haemmorage that night.

He gave my friend an injection that day.
    I'm convinced the sight of my friend's arse killed him.

All joking aside, Dr. Pill will be greatly missed.

I've been with this guy all my life and was always the best doc you'd ever meet! Was at his funeral yesterday..found out so much more about him than you would! seemed like such a legend! Happened to be with him on the tues before he got it too, sent me to get a scope and found out ive a duodenal ulcer:rolleyes:

Dunno who will replace such a cool guy like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the ony thing celbo is number one at is mothers whooring for cheap and failure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

mp3guy wrote: »
    I think I know the place you're talking about, it's just part of the rye. My dad used to fish there all the time.

Near before you come to Carton House? Yeah that's nice there alright.

What's with a certain hotel in Leixlip stating that they're in Dublin? All of Leixlip is in Kildare right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I was actually asked if I was from Leixlip whilst working on Friday night. Yer man who asked me was from Leixlip himself, and just presumed that all Irish bouncers came from Leixlip.

I thought it fairly random considering all the places in the country where I could have been from. I told him I was from Portarlington and he said 'Ah, sure that kip!'

Pot. Kettle.

the only thing leixlip is good for is the stink off the rye that covers a 100 mile radius and gives people cancer......
    the ony thing celbo is number one at is mothers whooring for cheap and failure

• Advertisement

Ah now, lets not get carried away :D

Sorry boss, all my respect goes out to Lucan, nice place..

But Leixlip, that's a different story altogether....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

The Ho-zone place. Shocking altogether. I'll walk through you and not around you.

I also have never seen so little beer being drunk in favour of pops, vodkas, redbulls etc. and of course bulmers.

Shower of skum.
    That said the actual appearance and geography of leixlip is nice, it's just the fukkin population. God bless

what it shall be like in 20 years I cannot think....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

chump wrote: »
    The Ho-zone place. Shocking altogether. I'll walk through you and not around you.

I also have never seen so little beer being drunk in favour of pops, vodkas, redbulls etc. and of course bulmers.

Shower of skum.
    That said the actual appearance and geography of leixlip is nice, it's just the fukkin population. God bless

You'd want to be a brave man drinking beer in that place, horrible pints.

But what do you expect, 16/17 year olds usually don't drink beer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Holsten wrote: »
    You'd want to be a brave man drinking beer in that place, horrible pints.

But what do you expect, 16/17 year olds usually don't drink beer.....

16/17 year olds certainly drank beer back in my day, and I wouldn't describe myself as ancient. It's a terrible state if the 16/17 year olds of today are bypassing beer for sickly sweet toxic coloured drink!

:D

Beers the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I love Leixlip. Farend ftw! And the Wok In, obviously. Love that shack cabin thing beside it as well. The problem with the Ozone is the scum element come from Lucan/Clondalkin. Leixlip scum elelent isn't as big as you'd think..generally 'wannabe' 14 year olds. Underage drinking in Leixlip was great...especially the disused sewers by Salmon Leap reservoir:D And yeah, the smell is being fixed, woo..it would reach Colaiste on windy days in Summer, ughhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

especially the disused sewers by Salmon Leap reservoir:D

aww, giving away a great hiding spot, I know to other used it just sounds like it's full of crap and whatnot, but it's actually really cool, I'd like to know whats the farthest anybodies got in there. I'll give away more, the waterfall, and the spa when it's unoccupied, also underneath Collinstown bridge is pretty cool. can't really think of any other secluded places where scum generally rarely go unless it's prime drinking time.

but anyway, Leixlip, my home.

SW81 wrote: »
    Near before you come to Carton House? Yeah that's nice there alright.

What's with a certain hotel in Leixlip stating that they're in Dublin? All of Leixlip is in Kildare right?!
    The Springfield?
    It's in Co. Dublin.

Parts are in Dublin and some in Meath, but about 95% is in Kildare.

• Advertisement

Numina wrote: »
    aww, giving away a great hiding spot, I know to other used it just sounds like it's full of crap and whatnot, but it's actually really cool, I'd like to know whats the farthest anybodies got in there. I'll give away more, the waterfall, and the spa when it's unoccupied, also underneath Collinstown bridge is pretty cool. can't really think of any other secluded places where scum generally rarely go unless it's prime drinking time.

but anyway, Leixlip, my home.

the cornfield (or st mary's park or whatever they call it now) is nice for a walk, head down through there, down to the left of the water treatment place, go left there for the woods, go right to head up to lucan village. used to bring the dog walking along there all the time, and used that route for getting to work in lucan for a while too .

edit: oh, and i think it's officially kildare once you cross the liffey coming in from the lucan direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement