Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Opening Ports for a game

• 31-01-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a game for the PS3 that won't work online.

I've had a look at the manual and it says the following ports are used for online gameplay, ensure the ports are set to allow the game to communicate inbound and outbound.

TCP Ports: 80,443,20200-20299
    UDP Ports: 3659,6000,9555-9570

I have NAT enabled therefore I need to enable Port Forwarding by routing all data on ports (UDP) 3659 and (VOIP) 6000 to the IP address of my PS3.

I have an Eircom Netopia router....could someone please explain I do all of this because I'm totally lost!! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

A couple of people have posted before regarding port forwarding and the Eircom Netopia routers from what I remember disabling or turning the security setting on the firewall down to low allows traffic through. Give this a go and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Worked perfectly...cheers mate!

Advertisement