Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear wire Vs. X-box 360

Options
  • 31-01-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody else had a problem with using their X box 360 with clearwire. IT seems as if the X box 360 is damaging the Clearwire box, The cable running into the clearwire box seems to be getting loose and eventually breaks off. I think it maybe over heating or something like that.

Has this happened with anybody else and has anybody got a solution to the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

or do people find it ok using clearwire with their x-box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I was wondering if anybody else had a problem with using their X box 360 with clearwire. IT seems as if the X box 360 is damaging the Clearwire box, The cable running into the clearwire box seems to be getting loose and eventually breaks off. I think it maybe over heating or something like that.

Has this happened with anybody else and has anybody got a solution to the problem.

Sound to me like the problem is your Ethernet wire is there a little clip on the wire? if not it must have broken off... thats why it would slip out

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Sounds dodgy. Hard to see how it'd be the xbox though. Have you checked if the cable gets hot during use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

No its not the clip that comes loose, its the tracks inside the clear wire box.the wires from the RJ something clip to a chip seem to dis-connect and snap away from the RJ thing.when i was playing pro evo for about an hour at a time it seemed ok.but It broke twice after using the xbox for 5 hours plus and it was the same problem.

I checked whether the connection was hot after short usage and it was slightly warm.

I'm also wondering does anybody else use ClearWire for X box live.

I know the simple solution is not to use it for long periods but im not sure if using it short term will effect the clearwire

Advertisement