Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to you to get ready in the morning

Options
  • 31-01-2008 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

A quick question.

I was just wondering how long does it take people to get ready in the morning for work from the time you fall out of bed to the time you leave the house.

About an hour and a half for me at a leisurely pace !!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

an hour & a half? what are you doing? i would sooooo much prefer the extra hour in bed.

takes me 20-30mins. i generally know what im going to wear, & shower the night before if possible (if not add an extra 20mins to my time). throw on my clothes, do my hair, generally wouldnt be bothered with makeup going to work, have some cereal ive time, then run for my bus.

i love my bed too much to leave it any earlier than i absolutely HAVE to. also if i got up an hour & half before i left it be getting up at 5.40. no chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

About half an hour. I shower at night, so as not to be bothered in the morning. I get up, brush my teeth, do the skin care thing, put on make up, get dressed, brush my hair and go.

to actually get ready? 20mins to shower, blowdry hair, do makeup etc
    to get up once im awake? longer - i set the alarm extra early, take my time heading to the shower, realise im freezing afterwards and head back to bed for a few mins then properly get up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Oh I love my bed, I generally set the alarm for 7.55 get up about 8 - 8.05 wake my daughter 8. She gets herself ready and gets her own brekkie, the table does be set and ready for her from the night before...

I shower and get dressed, I then wake the baby about 8.25 if he is already up he is in my bed snuggled up with his teddy...

I wash and dress him and we are down stairs by 8.35.

I feed the baby make lunch put the dishes in the dishwasher and am out the door on the way to the school for 8.55.

Make up is done in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Set first alarm for 7.30am, second one for 7.50am, eventually get out of bed at 8.05. Have brekkie, do makeup, throw on clothes and leave for 8.35. Hair gets done the night before, so more time for sleepies..:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

It varies hugely. I could be ready in twenty minutes if I have to...if I wake up late or I'm hungover and don't give a crap. Then again, if I'm heading out after college then I might spend 2 hours including breakfast, shower, hair, make-up, choosing outfit, changing outfit 5 times, making lunch, changing outfit again and getting my bag & books ready.

Quality wrote: »
    already up he is in my bed snuggled up with his teddy...

AAwww bless, thats adorable :)

I am a reformed crawl back in under the duvet head. It is too hard to coax yourself out when it is for some painfully dull lecture and they are all dull at 9 am. So I tend to leap of bed before I wake up enough to think the better of it.
    It takes me about 10 minutes to shower and dress. I let my hair dry and organise itself, and don't bother with make up.
    Then it takes me another 10 to eat something and sort out my notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Hmm... lemme think, in my last job in the summer I was working in town so had to get the dart at 7.57, if i got the later one i'd not get a seat or have to get the horrible train and feel all claustraphobic

so... I think i set my first alarm for 6.30 to have me semi conscious... i always do this. Then 6.50 and would get up about 7 if i was working on reception in the front hall coz i'd have to make more of an effort. if i was just in my office i might stretch it to 7.10

I suppose that'll be an advantage of working from home also, just roll out of bed when i have to!! hehe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Alarm goes off at 6:55, I roll out of bed at 8:00am and I'm in the car at 8:15 and in work at 8:25.

I prepare everything , usually still oversleep and take 5-10 mins
    I work with mostly all men so I go in without makeup 80% of the time and do it at my desk
    I am perpetually late!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Usually about an hour to get ready in the mornings..I don't like to rush so i take my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I work with mostly all men so I go in without makeup 80% of the time and do it at my desk

i work with all men, so no matter how i look im always the best looking girl in the office :D

its sooo nice to not have to keep up with other girls. i dont mean im a slob :p i dress neat & clean, but i dont have to make an over the top effort or get up early to do make up or anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Nightwish wrote: »
    Alarm goes off at 6:55, I roll out of bed at 8:00am and I'm in the car at 8:15 and in work at 8:25.

+1 Alarm goes off repeatedly from 7.15. I finally get up after 8. Throw my clothes on,(always but them out the night before), brush teeth and out the door. I don't wear make-up to work and I don't eat breakfast. I always shower the night before cos my hair takes ages and I'll always choose more time in bed over clean hair so i had to stop saying "I'll shower in the morning"! I'll do anything to stay in bed longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Usually takes me about a half an hour to get ready in the morning.

I always wash my hair the night before coz it'd take too long to dry in the morning, I get my clothes and bag sorted the night before as well to save time. Make-up takes about 10 minutes so all I've left to do is get some brekkie and I'm out the door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

30-45 mins. Most of it is sitting around contemplating.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Alarm goes off at 7, quick shower, clothes are laid out the night before, 7:15 downstairs sorting out lunch and making my tea for the car, back up to do my teeth and hair 7:30 in car on the road...9:30 if I'm lucky I get to work:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

20 minutes, includes shower and blowdrying hair every day. 25 minutes if i wear makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

depends what time im in at if its the 730am shift... alarm off at 630 snooze on and off till 7am roll out of bed grab scrubs and trainers out door at 10 past after brusing the teeth and throwing deodrant and perfume on , i shower when i come home from work as i generally get pissed on once or twice throughout the day, in work for 25 past ish. Have brekkie in work a little later.

If im on the 130 (in the afternoon shift) i generally get woken by him at 5 to 8 asking if i will drop him to the luas so he can have a lie in... i give in and get up drop him down and back to bed, to either post here or jsut look up stuff i dont know!

but guess what ladies..... TOMORROWS SATURDAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

takes me 40 mins, get up at 7.30, shower, wash hair, dry hair everyday, sometimes straighten and shlap on the make up which most of the time is warn off after running for and sweating on the train :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ehh? You have to sacrifice your lie-in so he can have his?

• Advertisement

Jules wrote: »

but guess what ladies..... TOMORROWS SATURDAY!

hurray a lie in til 1, roll out of bed, throw rugby jersey on and prepare to sing irelands call while mammy makes the fry, can't wait ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm usually ready to go in 35-40 minutes, I could probably do it in half an hour but I like to take my time in the mornings. I get up around 7.00 and spend around 15 minutes in the shower waking up. I tie my hair up for work so I only blowdry and straighten my fringe. Picking my clothes takes the longest, sometimes I wear the first thing I throw on and other times nothing I put on looks right so that can take anything from 2 to 20 minutes. I don't wear make up becuase that would mean having to get up earlier and I just can't be bothered. Sometimes I get up a little bit earlier just so I can go back to bed for a few minutes with my OH, I love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

WindSock wrote: »
    Ehh? You have to sacrifice your lie-in so he can have his?

Yeah i know but then i get to txt him and make him jealous as i fall back into bed with the electric blankie on and he walks from the luas to work in the cold!

And yes there will be omlettes and stuffs while watching ruggers tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

about a half an hour but i end up like a headless chicken running around for the last ten mins of that coz i sit around and threaten to get moving. then i look at the clock, panic and get my ass in gear.
    alot of the time im not arsed with Make up and sometimes if i look shocking i just put the bare essentials on when i get into work. Despite it being a steel company with 82% male staff....theres nobody i'd want to impress. :(

should see the state of me in work though. i dont know how people dont point and laugh, haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Cathooo wrote: »
    takes me 40 mins, get up at 7.30, shower, wash hair, dry hair everyday, sometimes straighten and shlap on the make up which most of the time is warn off after running for and sweating on the train :D

aye, and sometimes you stick the mascara wand in your eye and end up missing the damn train in the end anyway. ;)

maple wrote: »
    aye, and sometimes you stick the mascara wand in your eye and end up missing the damn train in the end anyway. ;)

it's true :( I had guck in my eye for at least an hour after that! I constantly miss my train, 3 times this week \o/ my boss loves me ;) that walk from docklands is mighty cold though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

i love my sleep - insomnia is not something i've ever suffered :D

To get as much time as possible in the leaba i do everthing the night before - shower, hair, ironing etc. My alarm (the loudest one yee have ever heard ;)) is placed out of reach on top of my warddrobe - need to actually get out of bed to switch off!

Set for 7.20am, out the door 7.50am. So it's quick wash, dress, & makeup. Have brekkie at desk :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I get up as late as I possibly can, alarm goes off a 7.35, always hit snooze once, more recently twice! Roll out of bed, throw on whatever I see first (casual office, can wear what I want :D ), brush teeth, straighten fringe, don't bother with make-up as it means more sleepytime. Make my lunch, run to the bus stop like a lunatic and get on the bus for 8.10. So generally 15 mins getting ready!

If I was in a job I cared about I might consider getting up earlier to put on make up and wear nice clothes so I don't look like a scruffball! Although I love sleep so much I wouldn't guarantee it!
    Yay to Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Alarm goes off at 6.30.
    I get up by 6.50.
    Shower and stuff night before so I just have breakfast (can't go out without having brekkie!) dress, don't bother with makeup and I'm gone at 7.40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

TGIF :D:D

I'm up at 6.30am, maybe hit snooze button once. Clothes on, contact lenses, clean face, makeup, hair, teeth, quick breakfast. I used to have to be out the door at 7.05 but driving now since last week so leave about 7.20. In work at 8...

Advertisement