Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to you to get ready in the morning

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

oh yeah.... the Snooze button. best thing ever.
    hit it at least 4 times a morning. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I like to take an hour. I don't need to but I just hate rushing so I take my time getting ready and eating breakfast. Having to rush makes me cranky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

It can take me 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

About 20 - 30mins, get up, get dressed, make-up (generally just foundation). Always shower the night before, way to much hassel to do that in the mornings but I don have to straigten my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I do most of it the night before, Shower, straighten hair if I want to etc. Plus I always have my clothes laid out so usually it's hit snooze for half an hour and jump up, get dressed, brush my teeth and hair and run out the door. I don't wear make-up unless I'm going out. I'll grab a mug of tea/coffee on the way in to my desk but don't eat in the mornings. Rarely over 20 mins to get from bed to work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Depending on how late I struggle out of bed, anything from 2 mins to 30 mins.
    If I've left it late (or slightly overslept) I will literally jump into clothes as I drag a brush through my hair, wash teeth, slap some makeup on (can slap a layer of foundation on in 5 seconds if I need to), feed the pets and I'm off.

If it's a more leisurely pace, I shower (5 mins normally, longer if it's a cold morning as I'm trying to muster up the courage to jump out into the freezing air), do the previously mentioned routine, plus maybe iron the clothes before putting them on if it's needed. Don't bother drying hair most of the time but will sometimes give it a quick blast with a hairdryer as it takes aaaages to dry naturally, and run round the house giving a quick tidy so I don't have to face into it when I get back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Do most of it the night before - shower, hair, put out clothes etc.... Then is only takes 15 mins or so the following morning. Set alarm for 7.20, tend to get up at 7.50, out the door and in work around 8.30....

The key is having brekfast in work.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Used to take me 1hr 15mins...but I have it down to 35mins....

(although I had to sacrifice food in the mornings and I do my makeup on the bus :))

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Clock goes off at 7. Kick the dog off the bed. Put me teeth in. Light a fag.Yell at kids to get up for school.Make a cup of tea.Let dog out to pee cos he,s standing with his legs crossed. Sit down and play me ds till kids come down. Put on coat over jammies and drive kids to school. Get back about 8.45. Go back to bed cos Im wrecked after all that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

roughly 5 minutes, 10 minutes on a bad day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Rozabeez wrote: »
    It can take me 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Cathooo wrote: »
    hurray a lie in til 1, roll out of bed, throw rugby jersey on and prepare to sing irelands call while mammy makes the fry, can't wait ;):D

Sigh. Wish I lived at home and had this life. Looking after yourself sucks :(

Advertisement