Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my domain with a hosting package

Options
  • 31-01-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

When I registered my domain on Saturday I also purchased a hosting package.

My domain is now gone through. When I upload to the ftp server though and put my pages up it does not change the placeholder page my hosting company has up.

Do I need to add the domain to the account or is there something else up here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

depending on who the service is with you may need to tell support to hook up your domain name to your hosting ...

Though it could be as simple as removing a .html .php .htm file that exists already that is showing the "default" page thats there

if the preference is given to .html and you uploaded your .php file you might find its still showing you the .html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Also, a common error is to put the html/image files in the folder your FTP client lands you in, whereas (for example on our servers) you need to put the content into the folder that's labelled with the domain name.

Also, a common error is to put the html/image files in the folder your FTP client lands you in, whereas (for example on our servers) you need to put the content into the folder that's labelled with the domain name.

hadn't thought of that .. but could be steve is right

/public_html/
    /domainname.extension/
    /domainname.extension/public_html
    and so on ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Well Steve. It's actually with ye!

When I ftp in I am automatically put into a folder with my username. There was nothing there when I first went in and now all that's in there are my files (including index.html). When I type my domain into the web browser all I get is the 365 placeholder.

Aha! That means you need to add the doman to the hosting plan.

Log-In
    Click on Domains
    Click Add Domain
    in the top-most box, type the domain name (without www)

Then, use the WebShell (under FTP) to move the files into the folder that is created with the domain.com

You should then be good to go :)

Any probs, click the live chat, our team are online and ready to help :)

• Advertisement

you should be seeing domainname.extension there and you bang your files into there

May be a case that you need to add in hosting to your domain name

Simplest would be to bang support a quick ticket and they should have you sorted out pretty lively ..

I think hosting365 have 24/7 support now ?

edit: damn it ... foiled again steve *shakes fist* .. *mutters* :D

heehee - thanks Forbairt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Log-In
    Click on Domains
    Click Add Domain
    in the top-most box, type the domain name (without www)

Then, use the WebShell (under FTP) to move the files into the folder that is created with the domain.com

You should then be good to go :)

Any probs, click the live chat, our team are online and ready to help :)

I'm getting this error steve Failed to add Domain myaddress.ie
    Zone myaddress.ie has been taken.

Cool - PM me the domain - we auto-park .ie domains, as the IEDR wont process .ie's without valid, working zones.

PM me the name and I can remove it from our parking system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yep. I had exactly that problem when I registered my second .ie domain with Digiweb. Got on to them by email and it was fixed quickly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement