Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird xbox problem - no ring of light

• 31-01-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm experience a weird intermittent issue with my 2 month old Elite. Basically sometimes when i try to turn on the xbox after not using it for a day The unit starts up, whirrs etc. but there is no ring of light. The four quadrants on the controller flash but the xbox itself doesn't seem to initialise. Nothing comes on the tv and the controller just continues flashing.

If i switch off the xbox (using the button on the console) and restart it all is well and I can play game no problem. I'm wondering is it some sort of hdmi issue as my tv supports 1080p over hdmi but the option is greyed out on the elite. Also, when i started the console the other day i got a single red light in the bottom right quadrant and and Error 74 message on the screen but when i checked the video connections and restarted it was fine.

I'll try it with component tomorrow but in the meantime I wanted to see if anyone had experienced, or heard about a similar issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sounds strange alright, id get on the phone straight away.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Plugged in the VGA cable last night, so will see how it goes this evening (if it starts with no probs) and over the weekend.

I'm really don't want to send a 2 month old (falcon) console back to MS and end up with a noisy refurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Only time I saw this happening was when I bought a new controller and didn't synchronise it with the console. Controller was flashing away but there was no response from the console.

I thought it could be that too, so have tried 2 different controllers, synchronised both and the problem unfortunately remained.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I sometimes have both of those problems with mine. Been doing that on my premium for ages though and just means that it takes a couple of attempts to turn on sometimes.

• Advertisement

Tried with the vga cable and had the same problem so said feck it and rang live support. They told me to bring it back to the shop as it was less than 2 months old. Shop (Harvey Normans) agreed to exchange it till they realised they had no elites in stock, so now have to wait till monday and they'll either get it repaired for me or order a new elite from another branch.

Don't mind which really as long as i end up with a properly working console. It irks me to think of paying good money for something faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,633 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

haha another one bites the dust

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

blay1 wrote: »
    haha another one bites the dust

Who let you out of the Playstation forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,633 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

mcgovern wrote: »
    Who let you out of the Playstation forums?

i have an xbox too, you cant deny xbox's break more frequently! :p

Advertisement