Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife/Saturday Nights

• 31-01-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi There,

Does anyone know of any good spots for a 30yr old guy to go out for drinking, music maybe even a bit of flirting in Waterford City...just coming down for this Saturday - leaving Sunday afternoon - Not to go into it too much but myself and ex girlfriend have gotten into a bad cycle of weekend reconciliations - not to mention some similar near misses with some of her friends (all very nice of course but...not a great idea ;-) Anyway dramatic as it sounds i'm trying to stay far away from weekend temptations for a while and enjoy other parts of Ireland - but would rather not spend my time desolate watching tv in the hotel!!

I'll be in the City Centre so looking for places nearby...Any and all suggestions welcome!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Electric avenue. Why waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

wacky apple,the kazbah,rubys lounge, and rubys nightclub if you like em young !
    muldoons if you like to feel like your squashed into a tin with lots of other people, and harveys if you like to smoke with your beer in your hand.

and go to the uluru if you like your people to be rugys heads and aged 25-50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

...rugys heads...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

id say the uluru would be the best bet if ur lookin for a similar aged crowd, although the kazbar and rubys lounge would be closer to you if you're staying in the city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Maryland , Mordaunts Mayors Walk , The chicken ranch , would be 3 of the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 youngcamus

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice folks really appreciate it - as i was saying i'm only gonna be there for Sat and early Sun so don't want to waste time wondering where to go...just wanna enjoy it while i have the chance...

Cheers again and i hope you all have a great weekend ;-)

Jrad wrote: »
    Electric avenue. Why waterford?

Mate of mine went to college down there - loved the city said he found it very friendly etc...so i've been meaning to check it out for a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

lol I know alot of girls who are 16 - 17 getting into rubys you would want to watch yourself as they all look 20+ haha.

Geoffs would be a good place with more of an older crowd 25 +

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 youngcamus

Thanks folks, had a great time at the weekend some nice bars and gotta say that place Geoffs was brilliant...great music great crowd.

Freindly city...i'll drop back sometime in the summer methinks!!!
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Maryland , Mordaunts Mayors Walk , The chicken ranch , would be 3 of the best

The hell is this?? Yeah Geoffs is pretty good alright!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its just blig slicks terrible attempt at humour. Just ignore it :p

Advertisement