Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home laser hair removal machines

• 31-01-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Firstly wasn't sure which section this belongs in so tried AH rather than FAA as it's not all that appearance related! But please move if need be

So just wondering has anybody used home laser hair removers? Been browsing th Argos catalogue instead of working and seen the Rio Hair Removal System. where "Laser hair removal works by sending a laser beam to the hair follicle with enough energy to destroy the root, without it affecting the surrounding area. " according to their site
    Does it work doing it yourself, is it any good? Anyone ever used this or similar?
    Thinking of it for bikini line area as i never seem to have time to go to the salon for waxing and shaving or creams don't give the same results!
    Just wobdering!

Blondeambition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Friggin' lasers. I use a razor.
    Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Make the time I suppose!!

I dunno i wouldn't be so keen to try any of those home kits like microdermabrasion etc, there's a reason why you're expected to pay a great deal of money in salons because the staff are professionally trained to do it!

I dunno, maybe it' just me but sure it's so easy to f*ck up your own waxing by doing it at home too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blondeambition

Thanks!

I know i hate messing about with wax at home so just interested to hear what people had to say bout this. Looks ok like a laser pen so doubt much could go wrong.
    Working long hours lately and just never get time to go to the salon for waxing :mad:
    Make the time I suppose!!

I dunno i wouldn't be so keen to try any of those home kits like microdermabrasion etc, there's a reason why you're expected to pay a great deal of money in salons because the staff are professionally trained to do it!

I dunno, maybe it' just me but sure it's so easy to f*ck up your own waxing by doing it at home too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

you know there's plenty of salons that open late now?

oh is it one of those pen like things, that has like a little tweezers at the end?
    if it is, i wouldn't bother, my mum got one a few years ago. it was meant to send some sort of current or something to stop the growth at the follicle or something but doesn't work at all!

Proper Laser doesn't work on blond hair, I can't see argos's finest doing any better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blondeambition

http://www.riolaserhair.com/

theres the link lil smiler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aliDB

I saw an ad 4 the rio laser hair remover in a magazine today and got so excited, since im spending a fortune on proffesional salon treatment at the moment. however, all the research iv done is saying no, no, no, waste of money. apparently you can only treat one individual hair at a time, and a lot of people have been saying they were left with burn marks on their skin. dont think il b trying 1 out!

Advertisement