Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letshost.ie suspended my hosting without notice.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Pretty crappy spam. A thread that nobody would ever read again has been revived so now lots of people who didn't read the thread to start with will see it for the first time.

Maybe if you actually read the thread you'd see it wasn't EKRIUQ that revived this zombie... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Maybe if you actually read the thread you'd see it wasn't EKRIUQ that revived this zombie... :rolleyes:

Maybe if you actually understood my post I didn't say or even imply EKRIUQ revived the zombie. I was replying to his post. So you can get rid of the rollseyes.

To clarify my post above. I agree the post by KDCIreland is spam, but it's stupid spam as it means that a pile of people are going to read about Letshost again and decide not to use them. Unless thats the point of the spam (that's pretty devious though so I doubt it).

Edit (for anybody confused): In this post I'm replying to MunsterCycling. I'm not implying he started the thread. I apologise for any confusion caused:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Pretty crappy spam. A thread that nobody would ever read again has been revived so now lots of people who didn't read the thread to start with will see it for the first time.

And some of us whom missed it the first time around, might be happy to see in now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

And some of us whom missed it the first time around, might be happy to see in now...

Jaysus. That was my point. That's why it was crappy spam. I'll stop posting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can't imagine how this publicity will be received by potential and existing customers.
    I won't touch that hosting company with a f**king barge pole after seeing what they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ITS ALIIIIIIVE AHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

*bzzzzzzzzzzt* *brrrrrrztttttt*

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Lorelei

I had my site with lets host for a year as per contract a couple of individuals there were good. For otheres a course on customer relations would not go amiss, also they need to realise that there are customers who are not overly computer illiterate and therefor speak they need to use simple terms of English. They blamed a lot of the problems I was having on CPanel. End of the year I left them now have a second site running using CPanel and no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zialingua

Cabaal wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe this, looking at letshost.ie...when it eventually loaded, it looks very amateur and its extremely slow!

To the op I'd suggest somebody like godaddy.com, sure its hosted in the states but its no where near as slow as your old host.

As for suspending your account, seek legal advice

The above comments are my personal view and do not reflect those of my employer or boards.ie,

I have been using godaddy for 4 years and been happy for the first 2.
    I started to be disappointed by their tech support when there are connection problems with their FTP and SQL database service for shared hosting.
    They always reply that there are no issues and all problems are related to my ISP.
    Before contacting godaddy tech support, i tried to connect from different network (UPC/NTL, Eircom, etc) and same problem occurring.
    I dont think that all ISPs in Ireland are having the same issue at the same time.
    To have a better idea about godaddy, here an article from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Daddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zialingua

cormie wrote: »
    Seems fair enough to me. A breach of T+C's is a breach of T+C's, if it was the other way around it would be a different story. If I could just go and cancel my Three Broadband contract by a click of a button because they aren't providing the service as advertised and in their T+C's, I surely would.

As I've said, any dealings I've had with letshost have been very professional and I've had no problems with my products from them.

If VanTasks.ie and Poker.ie are your websites, it seems they are now hosted at blacknight.com
    See who.is for reference:
    http://www.who.is/whois/vantasks.ie/
    http://www.who.is/whois/poker.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yes that's right, here's a quote from an email I sent them on the subject:
    I've transferred all domains away from Letshost, purely for convenience of having them all under the one roof along with my hosting. The service I received was always good and your prices too, but this was only to save my head from more work.

The only reason I moved from Let's Host was to have all my website stuff under the one roof. The service I received from them was always good and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I have domains parked and hosting with separate companies. I would generally advise someone to have that set up. You'll find that if your relationship with a hosting company goes south, they will usually make it very difficult, if not impossible, for you to do something productive with the domain.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to point a domain to a fresh new hosting site.

To people complaining about thread revival, this thread is a classic example of why you shouldn't park your domain with your hosting company.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

miju wrote: »
    well i can tell you that i will as a direct result of the threads today ever use their hosting for any of my clients websites (i like to try out different hosts from time to time :) )

i'll also be adding them to my list of bad hosts to steer clear from when people / business associates ask me to recommend a host (and for the record i get asked about 2-3 times a month)

so yes there is such thing as bad press
    I guess you meant never* and the same goes for me now. Completely unprofessional behaviour bordering on childishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement