Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Limit Review - Tramore

Options
  • 01-02-2008 1:49am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spotted on the County Councils website the proposed new speed limits for Tramore. Having difficulty getting my head around it at the moment, so gonna print it tommrow and have a propler look.

See for yourself:: PDF || JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can't make any sense of that either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but it looks like they're not changing the speed limit of the ring road, are they? I would have thought it would be defo changed. Maybe they are catching too many people for speeding and have decided it's too lucrative to change, lol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have no idea whats being proposed. Its very confusing, and the map seems rather odd.

The speed limit on the ORR will more then likely stay the same. Its at that limit due to estates and a school being on the route. Its within the town, and all speeds in the town are at that.

The ORR in Waterford is different, and is faster because its not on a school route or estates. I think tis something to do with roundabouts being so close and business parks opening up around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All they are doing is moving existing zones outwards by anywhere from a few hundred metres to about 1 km.

eg the 80 km/p on R-682-17 is just outside the dashed-line and it will be moved to the junction with the main road from Tramore to N-25 (Tramore cross junction)

Mike.

Advertisement