Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Color blind??

• 01-02-2008 2:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

well... are you???

????????? 94 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    15% 15 votes
    Dont know
    80% 76 votes
    Atari thingy
    3% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Did it really need another thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol in before lock/merge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

cha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Zip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Redrocket wrote: »
    well... are you???

No I'm not..

Now lose the pink font, its hard to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I find it interesting that 23% so far are, though I suspect it's just due to the low numbers replying so far and will drop a bit as more reply. Or is colourblindness far more common than I'd thought? Thought girls were extremely unlikely to get it for example as it'd require both genes to be colourblind ones, and for males it's still a small proportion of them that are colourblind.*

*This is all assuming of course that it's due to genetic reasons, there are ways to damage the receptors and nerves that can result in various degrees of colourblindess or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Oh, actual colour blindness, I thought it was to do with not being a racist...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

now remember kids being colourblind doesnt mean you cant see colours, it means you cant see certain colours and tell them apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

farohar wrote: »
    Thought girls were extremely unlikely to get it for example as it'd require both genes to be colourblind ones, and for males it's still a small proportion of them that are colourblind.*

as far as i know, girls generally can't be colourblind because the gene is carried on the y chromosome.

i voted yes.

no, i don't see in black and white. I just can't tell the difference between some colours, such as red and green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

as far as i know, girls generally can't be colourblind because the gene is carried on the y chromosome.

i voted yes.

no, i don't see in black and white. I just can't tell the difference between some colours, such as red and green

They can be, (the gene is on the X, not the Y) it's just that they have 2 copies of the gene so both need to be for colourblindness, whereas males only have the one copy, so if that's the colourblind one then they're colourblind.

• Advertisement

They can be, (the gene is on the X, not the Y) it's just that they have 2 copies of the gene so both need to be for colourblindness, whereas males only have the one copy, so if that's the colourblind one then they're colourblind.
    ah i see, it all makes perfect sense now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

That's a pretty ****ty sig to have then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Nope, but i am night blind. Anybody else out there got this? seems to be pretty feckin rare. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where did you find a braille keyboard? And a braille monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I find it interesting that 23% so far are, though I suspect it's just due to the low numbers replying so far and will drop a bit as more reply. Or is colourblindness far more common than I'd thought?

Going by the number of people who drive through red lights I would have thought it was higher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

75% color blind!?????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I iz yaa... Greens and browns confuse me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

I didn't know I was colour blindish till I took a test in work, made perfect sense as my wife always thought this. Weird thing is I don't think I'm missing out on anything because blue to me is blue I just see it different to you, ok I make mistakes when identifying shades etc.
    To me it's a bit like asking a person who only eats apples what a banana tastes like because you may point out something and ask me what colour it is and if I say say blue and it's not who cares I still see it as that colour.
    I don't know if I made any sense there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    blue to me is blue I just see it different to you, :

I am not colour blind but that sounds pretty cool seeing different colours to everyone else - I am imagining something like predator vision or something (though its possibly less cool than that).

( For you heathens Predator vision = http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/thehunted/predvision/index.html )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

2 in 5 men are partially colour blind.

2 in 5 women dont know left from right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

snyper wrote: »
    2 in 5 men are partially colour blind.

2 in 5 women dont know left from right

That statistic would explain a lot of traffic accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

how could you not know if you were colour blind?

phasers wrote: »

'cos you'd have nothing to compare it to?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Yep. It's bloody annoying.

Only ever seem to notice it when the army gives me a colour vision test.

NTM

Oriel wrote: »
    That's a pretty ****ty sig to have then...

i don't follow. are you saying that i shouldn't have it in my sig because the red in it might be green? should i pick something black and white just to be sure i know what the colours are?

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    I didn't know I was colour blindish till I took a test in work, made perfect sense as my wife always thought this. Weird thing is I don't think I'm missing out on anything because blue to me is blue I just see it different to you, ok I make mistakes when identifying shades etc.

i'm confused. that's not how it works. colour blind people don't see colours differently, ie blue appears lighter than it should, they can't tell the difference between some colours, ie red and green both appear green, depending on the shading of course. you say that blue to you is blue, my problem is that red to me is green and so is green

phasers wrote: »

as they said in the truman show, people accept the reality of the world with which they are presented. if i saw through the eyes of a non-colour blind person for a second i'd instantly know i was colour blind. unfortunately, i've never been able to do that. people who are colour blind just assume everyone sees the same way they do. people just assume that they don't know their colours and a colour blindness test is really the only way to know for sure

its the same way that lots of people don't know they need glasses for years because they think its normal to not be able to see more than ten feet away.

or how some people don't know they're dyslexic. they just think they're a poor reader

Advertisement